Summary of The Day: Today, visit historic Arrowtown, stunning Wanaka and the world famous Cardrona hotel with a knowledgeable guide. The amazing landscape and scenery will truly be the highlight of your time in Queenstown.
Your day begins in historic Arrowtown; a site swarmed firstly by European gold prospectors in the 1860's, then by 5000 Chinese who were invited to try their luck amongst the leftovers! You'll walk amongst the tiny restored cottages of their settlement and wander down the main street of this exquisite little town with its charm of historic buildings that will make you feel like you walked on to a movie set.
Next up, we'll head to Wanaka. Historically used by Maori as a pathway to greenstone sites and later by goldminers for accommodation close to Cardrona claims, today Wanaka has branded itself as a lifestyle reserve; rich in family adventures, eco-tours, recreational trails and nearby skifields, it is surrounded by huge mountains and massive glaciers. We will lead you to the Reflection Tree, which grows within the lake. It is obsessively photographed across every season, and you will see why.
Then will have one hour of free time to wander Wanaka at your whim, maybe you'll look around the shops, sit and have an icecream by the lake, or go for a walk along the lake path? The choice is yours. We recommend choosing an easy lunch option from one of the nearby cafes and taking advantage of the views.
As we head back towards Queenstown, we will take the Crown Range home. As New Zealand's highest sealed road, the Crown Range is usually covered in snow in winter and boasts some incredible viewing platforms. You will step out and soak these up and grab a photo or three.
But before you do...we still have one famous stop to make. Built in 1863 to service gold prospectors, offering them accommodation, and a place to stop and seek refreshment, is Cardrona Hotel. It is one of New Zealand's oldest pubs, and possibly the most well-known (it has been much photographed internationally). Pop in and explore, and we'll shout you a beer, wine or soft drink to enjoy in the beer garden or by the fire. You've worked for it.
Please be ready and waiting in the foyer of your accommodation 15 mins before the pick up times indicated:
- Pick up time Hilton from 11.30am
- Pick up time Queenstown accommodation - between 11.45am-12 noon
- Pick up time The Station building from 12 noon
- Drop off for ALL: approximately 5pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* This tour is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
* Capacity: 2 -11 passengers. Larger groups: We can cater for 14-17 passengers travelling in two vehicles, but we require 3 days’ notice for these.
* Minimum of 2 guests are required for departure.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
This tour departs daily at 12:00pm and ends at 5:00pm, approximately. Hotel pick-up will begin at 11:30am.
We provide pick up and drop off for most Queenstown accommodations, including The Hilton and Millbrook.
Please bring a camera, warm clothes, raincoat, sunscreen and a hat.
Special dietary requirements can be catered to, just let us know what you need when you make your booking.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.