Summary of The Day: We'll ride in a comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers) on the panoramic highway along beautiful Lake Zurich to the Lindt Chocolate Shop, heaven for all chocolate lovers.
We'll continue via the city of Rapperswil with its medieval castle to the green and hilly region of Appenzell. In Stein we'll visit the show dairy where the famous Appenzeller cheese is made! Learn about cheese production and sample some of this rich aged cheese.
The rest of the afternoon (approx. four hours) is yours to discover the picturesque village of Appenzell. Stroll through the quaint pedestrian zone with its painted wooden houses. Enjoy a local specialty in one of the cozy restaurants, or visit the local brewery Brauquoll Appenzell. You'll be fascinated by its rich heritage and intriguing history.
In the late afternoon, we'll regroup for a guided stroll through the square of the cantonal assembly: the Landsgemeindeplatz. Before driving back to Zurich we'll also visit a local bakery.
We normally return to the meeting point in Zurich at around 7:00pm.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children below the age of 6, but they must be registered before the trip.
* Tour prices are based on Swiss Francs (CHF) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Up to 33 days prior to tour start: CHF 10% of total confirmed tour price will be charged.
32-15 days prior to tour start: 30% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
14-08 days prior to tour start: 50% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
7-0 days prior to tour start: 100% of the total confirmed tour price will be charged.
For check-in we require your confirmation details and proof of identity (ID). It is not necessary to print out the voucher. An electronic ticket on your smart phone or tablet is sufficient.
You will be allotted four hours of free time in the village of Appenzell, during which the guide will not be present to accompany you.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.