Guatemala City - Antigua Villages - Antigua - Guatemala City
Summary of The Day: Visit Antigua, Guatemala, a town where time stands still. Once the third largest city in all of Spanish Colonial America and for 200 years the capital of Guatemala, it is today a peaceful, beautiful and partially-restored colonial city. Cobblestone streets wind through the city of majestic churches and monasteries.
You will be picked up at your hotel in Guatemala City and transferred to Antigua Guatemala to visit the surrounding villages just outside Antigua Guatemala: San Antonio Aguas Calientes, San Miguel Dueñas, Ciudad Vieja , and San Juan del Obispo.
After a visit around Antigua, you will enjoy lunch.
First up we'll head to the Central Park, which rests at the heart of the city and is surrounded by the traditional grid pattern frequently utilized in Spanish urban planning in the colonies. The park is enveloped by the Palace of the Generals Captain, City Hall, the Church of San José (formerly the Cathedral of Guatemala), the Archbishop’s Palace and the Portal of Commerce (or the Bakers’ Portal). Here, we will also find the Mermaid´s Fountain. The Count of Gomera built the fountain in remembrance of a popular legend, which tells the story of a King whose daughters gave birth but did not want to nurse their children. Learn about this famous story as you immerse yourself in the colonial history of the city.
Next, we will explore the Cathedral of Santiago which was constructed between 1543 and 1680 with an elaborate baroque facade in mortar, typical of antique churches. The Cathedral has smooth columns, a body and a belfry that was rebuilt after the Santa Marta earthquake in 1773. Then we will proceed to the Arch of Santa Catalina. This institution was established in 1609, and the nuns in this temple and convent were cloistered. The temple was inaugurated on the 15th of September, 1647. In 1694, construction of the arch was finished and it served as a bridge to connect the convent with the gardens on the other side of the street.
At end of the tour, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel in Guatemala City.
The order of the itinerary may change. Typically, during the morning, we do an Antigua Walking Tour and during the afternoon visit the surrounding villages and macadamia plantation.
Pick-up times must be confirmed with the tour guide 48 hours before tour departure date.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Adult (12 - 99)
Child (03 - 11)
*Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
* Adult: 12 years of age or older
* Child: 3-11 years of age
* Infant: 0-2 years of age
Roundtrip Hotel Transfers from Most Guatemala City Hotels
It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact us.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.