Summary of The Day: Prepare to discover one of the most fascinating and sought-after sites in Cambodian with a day trip from Siem Reap to Angkor!
We'll start our tour with a visit to Angkor Wat temple, the most famous and best-preserved of all temples within the Angkor complex. After exploring here we'll visit Angkor Thom and Bayon, with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces, Phimeanakas, Baphoun, Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King.
We'll finish the morning with a stop at the very photogenic South Gate of Angkor Thom City where the gods and demons line the road leading to the gate struggling in a cosmic tug-of-war. The Gate itself is crowned with four large faces facing in the cardinal directions.
Then we'll visit a local restaurant and regain our energy enjoying a sumptuous Khmer lunch near Sras Srang, the Royal Pool of Ablutions, originally reserved for the King and his consorts. Taste a spread of great local food followed by a nap lazing in a hammock, or explore to see the traditional way of life and say hello to the Cambodians near here.
After lunch we'll continue by visiting the beautiful Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider) temple which was made famous by Angelina Jolie. Feel like one of the early explorers as you visit this temple which has been left to be reclaimed by the jungle.
If time permits, we'll finish the day climbing one of the oldest buildings in the Angkor complex, the brick pyramid-shaped temple of Pre Rup.
Dress standard: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Comfortable shoes are a must. The Apsara Authority which manages the park reserves the right to refuse entry to certain areas of the site for guests who wear clothing which is considered immodest. No smoking, drinking alcohol or touching the carvings is permitted in and around the temples.
Your Trip: This day tour in Siem Reap is offered on a "join-in" basis. The maximum group size is 12.
For most of the year it is hot when exploring the temples. The guide will make regular stops where you can purchase water and snacks. Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and hats to protect yourself from the sun. At the start of your trip there is the option of upgrading from a 1 day to a 3 day Angkor pass for an additional $20. Speak with your local guide about this.
Closure of sites: The third level of Angkor Wat is not open during Buddhist holidays.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.