Summary of The Day: Visit the majestic Andes Mountains through a winter scenic valley of Cajon del Maipo with our all inclusive day trip from Santiago.
After picking you up from your hotel we'll depart Santiago and head east into the Andes. Your knowledgeable and expert Mountaineering tour guide will choose the location that offers the best conditions for this activity.
The very first stop is a small market where we'll stock up for our trekking. Afterwards, your guide will explain you how to use snow shoes and how to make sure you do not waste your body energy incorrectly, providing all the necessary instructions so you can make the best out of this Andean walk.
After approximately 2.5 hours of ascent, we will arrive to the area of Aguas Panimavida, where you will marvel at the hypnotizing landscape; scour the natural panorama for jagged snow-capped peaks and rejoice the view of "El Morado" in the background, soaring 15,246 feet (4,467 meters) into the sky. After walking deep into the Andean mountain range we will stop for a box lunch, usually a sandwich with cereal bar, fruit and juice, while your guide tells you stories of the surrounding volcanoes and mountains.
After resting in the heart of the Cajon del Maipo our guide will lead the walk down back to the minivan which will take you to the San Jose del Maipo town where we will have an opportunity to feast upon some traditional Chilean empanadas in a rustic local empanada bakery and revitalize with a glass of beer or refreshing juice before we head back to Santiago.
Your guide and driver pick you up at your hotel between 7:30am and 8:00am and drop you off at about 7:30pm.
Please include you hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking.
A vegetarian option is available; please advise us of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If it rains or snows, you will take an alternative route that will be announced.
This tour is not recommended for:
- Pregnant women
- Participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Participants with back problems
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
- 33 or more days prior to the departure date: 20% of tour cost
- 8-32 days prior to the departure date: 50% of tour cost
- 0-7 days prior to the departure date: 100% of tour cost
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.