Summary of The Day: Discover the marvels of the Italian capital, including the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine and the Roman Forum on this history-packed Rome tour. Join your archaeologist guide, who will make the history books come alive, and explore sites of gladiator battles, animal fights and political trials. End the tour in a typical Roman bar, where stories continue to flow as you relax with a glass of wine.
Could there be a better way to learn about history in Rome than taking a wander through the streets with a local? Didn't think so! Wander through ancient Rome with an expert local guide on this Rome city tour that is factual and fun both at the same time!
You'll meet your local guide, an expert in archeology and history, at the Arch of Constantine. Stroll beneath the great triumphal arch built in honor of the emperor Constantine, then head to the Colosseum, bypassing the hassle of lining up as you enter straight into this infamous international treasure.
Wander through the Colosseum, the largest amphitheatre ever made by the Romans, and admire this vast structure that could seat more than 50,000 people. See the arena where the gladiators fought for their lives and where all kinds of Rome events took place. Learn about its fascinating history before continuing the walking tour of Rome to the Roman Forum. Once the political and religious center of ancient Rome, the Forum’s origins date back to the 7th century BC. With your local guide, you'll bring history to life and gain a fresh perspective on these famous places, which will make your experience far more unique than that of the thousands of others of travelers that visit these ruins each day.
During this Rome tour, you will start to understand the life of the ancient Romans by visiting the Forum’s most important buildings and temples, including: the Temple of Augustus where the funeral of Julius Caesar took place, the Via Sacra (Holy Road) which is the most important road in Rome and the Curia, and the meeting place of the Roman Senate.
Exiting the Forum, head to a nearby typical enoteca (or wine bar) where you can recount stories of battles and glory, and where this Rome tour will come to an end. Because there is no better way to finish off an ancient Rome tour that with a glass of wine, of course!
Ending point: Piazza della Madonna dei Monti (at the bar La Bottega del Caffe).
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 12 and older
* Child: 6 to 11 years old
* Children under 6 are not permitted on this tour.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Skip the Line entrance to the Colosseum
Professional tour guide
Transportation between your home and chosen pickup location.
This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
Dress comfy, warm & waterproof clothes, suitable for cycling 12kms in all weathers.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.