Summary of The Day: Today we'll head to Lancaster County in Pennsylvania and begin amazing trip with the Amish village (admission not included). The Amish tribute originated at early 16th century and began to move to American Continent at mid-18th century due to the bloody religious persecution in Europe. The Pennsylvania Amish community in Lancaster County is the oldest and largest Amish community in the United States, numbering about 30,000. The population has more than doubled in size by the past 2 decades. Despite the development of the contemporary technologies in the 21st century, the Amish still live a rural way of life. Amish life is always remarkable in the trip with such a huge contrast with the modern social values. We will have a tradition Amish lunch here.
Then we will travel to the North America's largest chocolate manufacturer - Hershey’s Chocolate World. Here, you can take a small train to explore the whole process of chocolate making, and in the end you will have the chance to taste a piece of hot and fresh chocolate. Hershey’s Chocolate World offers the sweetest adventures for everyone: no matter chocolate lovers or fun seekers, shopping-maniacs or history buffs.
At the end of the tour, we will return to Washington, D.C. at approximately 5:00 pm.
According to current transportation schedules, the drop-off time will be subject to final confirmation.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult: 10 and older
*Child: 2-9 years of age
*Children under 2 yrs old without a seat are for free.
Roundtrip ground transportation in air-conditioned motorcoach, van or minibus, depending on the number of passengers
Professional bilingual tour guide
Airfare and the cost of other transportation
All personal expenses and meals
Service Fee for tour guide (minimum USD 8.00/day per person)
Optional tours and activities (prices and availability subject to change) (All optional tours that include a service fee must be paid for in cash before joining the tour.)
- Amish Village Guided Tour: $20.00/Adult; $13.00/Child(3-12); $20.00/Senior(62+)(It will be closed on major US holidays (such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year and Memorial Day). ) - Amish Dinner: $18.00/Adult; $18.00/Child(3-12); $18.00/Senior(62+)(subject to guide's arrangement)
Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
The itinerary and operating dates may change due to weather, traffic and other reasons during our busy season. Please reconfirm your order prior to the departure date.
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide (English/Chinese). Tours and/or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.