American River Whitewater Rafting Tour with Wine Tasting Tour
Summary of The Day: American River Whitewater Rafting Tour with Wine Tasting Tour
Your day begins with a pick-up from your lodging between 6:00 am and 7:00 am. From there you will head east across the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, which offers great views of the San Francisco skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and the East Bay. There will be a stop for at Central Valley for a complimentary breakfast.
Famous for its rich volcanic soil, the Central Valley is a booming agricultural region known for almonds, grapes, tomatoes, peaches and strawberries. After breakfast you will continue your journey up through the cattle and horse ranching foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains to the American River.
The Class III whitewater action begins immediately with Meatgrinder rapids, followed by other exciting cascades including Racehorse Bend, Rock Garden, Triple Threat, and climaxing with a mad dash through the famed Troublemaker rapid. Our trip ends as we pull ashore back at camp where your guides prepare a tasty barbeque lunch.
After lunch, there will be time to play some beach volleyball and relax by the river. Later, you will have the opportunity to explore the Gold Country where you will visit a local winery for some tasting before heading back to the city, concluding this exciting day. There will be a hotel drop-off between 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm.
*Safety Note: Your safety is our main concern. A brief safety talk is given before anyone gets in the water. The South Fork of the American River is a Class III river system. This is ideal for beginners as well as intermediate paddlers. No prior whitewater experience is necessary, but participants are required to weigh at least 80 pounds and be at least 8 years of age.
Departs:6:00 am - 7:00 am pick-up from most SF hotels. Duration:One Full Day (~12 hours) Pick-up Locations: There are available hotel pick-ups from most major hotels in SF between 6:00 am - 7:00 am. Please let us know where you are staying and we will confirm your pick-up time before issuing ticketing.
Eco-friendly, comfortable transport in a biodiesel mini-coach (14 passengers max)
Departs: 6:00 am - 7:00 am pick-up from most SF hotels
Adventurous, Eco/Sustainable, Food & Wine, Once in a Lifetime, Wildlife & Nature
Cancellation made within 7 days prior to departure date,100% of reservation fee will be charged.
Cancellation made within 8-16 days prior to departure date, 50% of reservation fee will be charge.
Cancellation made 17 or more days prior to departure date, 25% of reservation fee will be charged.
Passenger no-shows are subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
No refund will be given to anyone who is denied service because of refusal to wear a seat belt or to follow the rules and regulations of the carrier. A $150 cleaning/repair charge will be added for any severe damage to the vehicles (including liquid spillage requiring upholstery cleaning).
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.