Summary of The Day: Balloon Flights in Alice Springs are operated everyday. The reliable desert weather means we have one of lowest cancellation rates in the world. In addition to individual travelers we are able to cater for large groups, incentives, special interest and private charter markets.
Flight distance will typically be between 10 and 20 kilometers. The balloon flight takes place approximately 15 kilometers to the south of Alice Springs adjacent to the MacDonnell Ranges and over the historic Owen Springs Cattle Station.
If you would like to come and watch your friends/family take a hot air balloon flight then a balloon chase is for you! We will pick you up with your group in the morning and you can see how the balloon flights work such as checking the weather, setting up and inflating the balloon.
You will then stay on the ground after the balloons take off and travel through the desert tracks with our crew to where the balloon lands. Once you re-join your group, you can enjoy a glass of sparkling wine or tropical fruit juice and refreshments with the other passengers before returning to town. (Only available when accompanying a fare paying adult.)
Return transfers from all accommodation in Alice Springs is included with every flight. Pick-up time is approximately 1 hour before first light – exact pick-up time will be given when booking but may be adjusted when you re-confirms the day prior to flight booked.
Transfers (at the end of tour) to the airport or other tours are available on request.
You will be with us for approximately 4 hours depending upon where you land.
* Adult: 17 and older
* Child: 6-16 years of age
* Children younger than 6 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Mandatory Civil Aviation Authority Insurance of 30.00 AUD per person is payable separately on the morning of the flight.
Please note that all times are an indication only and vary considerably throughout the year. Pick-up times start from 4am in summer and from 5am in winter. Please contact our office for exact times.
Refreshments of individually packaged muffins and other slices, cheese and biscuits and fresh fruit accompanied by Australian Sparkling wine and tropical fruit juice will be served ‘in the bush’ after every flight.
It is dusty in the Outback. Outdoor clothing (preferably not white), long pants and hat or cap are recommended. Enclosed flat heel shoes are essential. It is no colder in the balloon than on the ground but it can be cooler before sunrise. Warm clothing may be necessary from approximately May to September. Loose items such as dangling jewelry and scarves are not permitted once passengers reach the launch site and dis-embark from the bus.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.