Summary of The Day: Your excursion begins at Sitka Alaska Outfitters shop where you will meet your guide and be outfitted for your trip.
A van will take you to the boat that will take you across Sitka Sound to Kruzof Island where the hike takes place. The Captain will put you and your guide ashore on a beautiful black sand beach where you will begin your coastal exploration and hike. The captain will then leave you with the guide to enjoy 4 Hours of guided hiking and exploring and a picnic lunch on the beach.
You will want to bring a outdoor clothing and footwear appropriate for Southeast Alaska and a small day pack. Shoes should be sturdy with solid heel, sides and toe, and you should wear layered clothing with with a water and windproof outer layer top and bottom. Your day pack should be big enough to carry water and lunch and your outer layer if it is not needed. Your guide will carry all safety equipment including bear deterrents, first aide kit, and communication equipment.
This hike around the coast is relatively flat but the terrain is uneven and can be slippery. The unique geological features and natural characteristics of this area make this one of the most interesting hikes in the Sitka area.
This excursions departs from the Sitka Alaska Outfitters shop at 105 Monastery St, Sitka, AK 99835. Exact time of departure is subject to availability and date, and will be confirmed during the booking process.
Please indicate your preferred time to depart in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
You should dress warm for this excursion. Your day pack should be big enough to carry water and lunch and your outer layer if it is not needed.
You will want to bring a outdoor clothing and footwear appropriate for Southeast Alaska and a small day pack. Shoes should be sturdy with solid heel, sides and toe, and you should wear layered clothing with with a water and windproof outer layer top and bottom.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.