Summary of The Day: Akaroa is the jewel in Canterbury's crown, a gorgeous little French inspired sea-side village full of wonderful shops, restaurants and cafe's to explore and home to the world's rarest dolphin. A helicopter flight takes just 15 minutes! Akaroa is the jewel in Canterbury's crown, a gorgeous little French inspired sea-side village full of wonderful shops, restaurants and cafe's to explore and home to the world's rarest dolphin. A helicopter flight takes just 15 minutes!
The locals will tell you that no trip to Christchurch and Canterbury should be completed without a visit to the quaint seaside village of Akaroa. Fly by helicopter from Christchurch and follow the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline. It takes just 15 minutes to fly there as opposed to 1.5 hours by road and the scenery is some of the best this region has to offer.
The village boasts a number of excellent shops, cafes and restaurants or you could combine your trip with one of the many other optional activities available such as the award winning Black Cat harbour cruise to see the Hector's dolphin - the rarest and smallest dolphin in the world. there are many other wonderful attractions in Akaroa to explore making this the ultimate day trip without the hassle of spending 3 hours in the car!
Your flight will depart from 515 Memorial Avenue (next to Christchurch Airport), Christchurch 8544, New Zealand.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.