Summary of The Day: Only one hour away from Acapulco, this recently discovered archaeological site in Mexico located in the mountains of the Sierra Madre of Mexico and it’s the first archaeological site associated with the Yope people.
Leaving Acapulco at 9:00am from your hotel, we'll discover Tehuacalco, an ancient ritual site that was occupied as early as 400AD. As you travel on your way to the Tehuacalco archaeological site, your friendly and knowledgeable professional tour guide will be telling you everything about Mexico and you will be learning about the lifestyle and very important topics of the Mexican Nation.
At Tehualcalco we'll discover the fascinating engravings that depict what may have been the very first ball-game. You will see incredible petroglyphs dedicated to the water, lined up from north to south of the site. Prepare yourself for this unique experience to be one of the first visitors to Tehuacalco. Marvel at the excavation site and see the moon marks, the sun observer and the way of life between the religion and the government while your tour guide takes you back through the ages.
The monumental area encompasses 12 acres and includes more than 15 different structures. Among them you will see the great pyramidal base rising 60 feet from the ground. The base features a large staircase, walls, and patios.
After a visit that will not last less than two hours, you will head back to the City of Acapulco and be dropped-off at your hotel.
Meeting Point: The lobby of your hotel
Hotel pick-up service is available in Bay Area or out of the Bay of Acapulco including Grand Mayan, Acapulco Princess, Mayan Palace, Banyan Tree Hotels. Please remark your hotel information when making reservations.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Children under 12 pay half the price when travelling with at least 2 adults. Please contact service team to adjust price for you.
* If it is only one adult, the child pays the full price.
Travelers staying at hotels within the Bay of Acapulco will be picked up at 8:45am.
Travelers staying at hotels outside the Bay of Acapulco will be picked up at 9:00am.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.