Summary of The Day: During Summer months (October 20 - April 18)
Cruise from Kaiteriteri, through the Astrolabe Roadstead to Torrent Bay and Bark Bay, calling into picturesque beaches and coves where walkers and kayakers are transferred to golden-sand beaches. Pause to view the antics at Tonga Island Seal Colony in the Marine Reserve, then continue past isolated northern beaches to the long sweep of burnished sands at Totaranui. Turn around here to return to Kaiteriteri by 12:55pm.
Low Season (April 19 - October 19)
Day cruise includes a beach stop.
Experience all the features of the wondrous coast as you cruise from Kaiteriteri to Totaranui. On the return trip, the boat stops at a sheltered cove for 2.5 hours. Stay onboard or relax on a sunny, golden beach. Enjoy a picnic or explore the native forest before the return cruise to Kaiteriteri, arriving at 4:10pm.
Our scenic cruises feature:
- Front loading ramp for easy, safe, comfortable beach transfers
- Comfortable seating with chairs around tables on upper and lower viewing decks
- With its shallow draft, our catamaran hugs the shore, travelling in close to idyllic, golden beaches and making the most of the viewing opportunities offered by the crystal clear shallows
- Your skipper provides interpretative commentary throughout your cruise to introduce you to the natural highlights and fascinating history of the area
- You can choose, sun and fresh air on the top deck, or relax on the sheltered lower deck
- The onboard licensed cafe, serves a seasonal menu of tasty light meals and snacks to accompany your selection of hot or cold beverages
During our low season the Vista Cruise vessel undergoes scheduled maintenance work, so alternate vessels could be operating.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 5-14 years of age
* Participation is free for children younger than 5.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please check-in at the departure point at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Weather can be a challenge and the Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel the tour should weather or any other situation occur which at the sole discretion of the Operator demands alteration, amendment or cancellation.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.