Summary of The Day: 9:00am - Check in at our Kaiteriteri ticket booth to meet your Guide.
On the golden sands of Kaiteriteri Beach, your friendly, expert Guide settles you into a stable double kayak with full instructions and safety brief. Then, it's onto the water to explore and have fun, confident you can enjoy a safe paddling experience. Your Guide knows all the best, secret spots taking into account the tides, weather and your interests and abilities with paddling time up to 2 hours. Watch out for our resident Blue Penguins and other sea birds along the coast.
Pause at a sheltered cove for a break before returning to Kaiteriteri around midday where you say farewell to your Guide and swap your kayak gear for walking shoes.
1:00pm - Join our Vista Cruise at Kaiteriteri to cruise the protected waters of the Astrolabe Roadstead into Torrent Bay and continue on to Tonga Island Marine Reserve. Pause to view the antics at the Seal Colony on the island, then disembark on the mainland at historic Tonga Quarry beach. Here you have the choice to relax or take an unguided walk. Your boat hosts will direct you to the start of your walk and greet you at your pick up point.
Coach Connection Option:
- Walk up to 45 minutes (3 kms, 2 miles)
- Explore the stunning stretches of golden sand and native forest around Onetahuti Bay
- Return to Tonga Quarry for your pickup at 2:50pm
- 4:10pm: Return to Kaiteriteri for you coach connection
Self Drive Option: (available 20 October to 18 April)
- Walk 2 hours (4.1 kms, 2.5 miles) over the forested Tonga Saddle and around stunning Bark Bay waterfall track with its new swing bridge
- Continue on to Medlands Beach for your pick up at 5:05pm
- 6:00pm: Return to Kaiteriteri
|USD $113.51||USD $68.84|
* Adult: 15 and older|
* Child: 10-14 years of age
* Children younger than 10 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.