Summary of The Day: 9:00am - Check in at our Kaiteriteri ticket booth to meet your guide.
On the golden beach sands of Kaiteriteri Beach, your friendly, expert Guide settles you into a stable double kayak with full instructions and safety brief. Then, it's onto the water to explore and have fun, confident you can enjoy a safe paddling experience. Your guide knows all the best, secret spots taking into account the tides, weather and your interests and abilities with paddling time up to 2 hours. Watch out for our resident Blue Penguins and other sea birds along the coast.
Pause at a sheltered cove for a break before returning to Kaiteriteri around midday where you say farewell to your Guide and swap your kayak gear for walking shoes.
1:00pm - Join our Vista Cruise at Kaiteriteri to cruise the protected waters of the Astrolabe Roadstead past idyllic beaches fringed by lush native forest to the golden expanse of Anchorage Bay (30-45 mins). Then you choose: swim, sunbathe, take a leisurely stroll along the beach or explore the sunny Manuka groves leading to the idyllic cove of Te Pukatea Bay and return (45 minutes walking time). For those that would like a longer walk, there’s the option to walk to Te Pukatea via the Pitt Head Loop track, with stunning views across Tasman Bay (1 hour 30 minutes return).
3:25pm or 5:20pm - Rejoin the Vista Cruise at Anchorage Beach for a relaxing return cruise, hugging the coastline.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 15 and older
* Child: 10-14 years of age
* Children younger than 10 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on New Zealand dollars (NZD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
Please check-in at the departure point at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Weather can be a challenge and the Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel the tour should weather or any other situation occur which at the sole discretion of the Operator demands alteration, amendment or cancellation.
What to Wear
We enjoy glorious weather, summer and winter. Temperatures can be crisp in the mornings and cool in late afternoon with summer sea breezes. Bring a warm layer of wool or polar fleece and a light rain jacket to ensure your comfort. The Coastal Track is well formed and mostly shaded by native forest. The track comes down onto golden-sand beaches fringed by lush native forest and protected azure waters - ideal for swimming.
Cotton clothing (especially denim) is not recommended. It is very heavy and cold if it gets wet, and takes a long time to dry. Thermal, quick-dry fabrics are best eg. Polypropylene, polar fleece, wool.
For kayaking, we provide a spray jacket and buoyancy vest that will keep you warm on most days when paddling. Bring a spare set of clothing and warm layer to be stored in the kayak so you can change into dry gear if necessary. Always bring shoes and socks for walking, in case weather causes you to land on a beach where some walking might be necessary. In the cooler months, we provide booties (bring socks for lining) and gloves for added comfort.
Abel Tasman National Park enjoys the highest number of sunshine hours in the country. Our clear skies, with no pollution result in a very high risk of sunburn, even on a cloudy day. Bring sunglasses, hat and sunscreen.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.