Madrid - El Escorial - Valley of The Fallen - Aranjuez - Madrid
Summary of The Day: Combine 2 half-day tours and save money!!!
During this tour, you'll visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen during the morning followed by Aranjuez during the afternoon!
Royal Monastery of El Escorial (AM):
We will start our visit at El Escorial, a symbol of the Spanish power in the 16th century that commemorates the battle of St. Quentin. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of its construction in the humanist Renaissance style, it had been considered the Eighth Wonder of the World. The visit includes the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Chapter House and the Basilica.
Located five miles away from El Escorial, the Valley of the Fallen monument was built between 1940 and 1959 to honor the fallen during the Spanish Civil War. The basilica is carved into the mountain at nearly 4,430 feet of altitude, where an impressive 492-foot high cross towers over the magnificent mountain range.
The Royal Site of Aranjuez is situated in a fertile valley on the banks of the River Tagus (Tajo), known for its Royal Palace, its numerous gardens and for being the inspiration to the composer Joaquin Rodrigo to create the Concert of Aranjuez.
During our tour of the Royal Palace, we will be able to appreciate a variety of decorative styles seeing gems like the China Chamber Porcelain, Throne Room of Elizabeth II, Prince's Gardens, Parterre and the Island.
The Museum of Royal Feluccas was built in 1963 and exhibits the boats used by the royal family to navigate the Tagus River. Feluccas are a type of long and narrow light boats used in ports and rivers.
The exhibits include a gondola belonging to Philip V, although the ship actually dates to the reign of Charles II, and the boats of Charles IV, Ferdinand VII and Elizabeth II.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Number of Adults
Number of Children (6-15)
Number of Infants (0-5)
Number of Seniors (66 and over)
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 6-15 years of age
* Participation is free for children under the age of 6.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transportation in air-conditioned motor coach
Multilingual official guide
Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure.
Maximum one child per adult.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
The Museum of Royal Feluccas will not be visited in October for reasons beyond our control.
Please bring all valuable items with you. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.