Summary of The Day: Arrive to our joining hotel at any time. We'll have a welcome meeting in the evening.
For our night in New Orleans, we'll stay in a hotel close to the city center with multi-share accommodation. If you would like to see all of the popular sites of this vibrant city, we recommend you book a pre-tour accommodation.
Olde Town Inn
1001 Marigny Street
New Orleans, LA 70117
Tel: +1 (504) 949-5815
The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is located 15 miles (24km) from the Joining Hotel. When arriving at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, you have two transportation possibilities: public taxi or a door-to-door shuttle service. All transportation is located on the lower level outside the baggage claim area.
It takes approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic, yet enough time to get a taste of New Orleans. It will cost you about $35 and a couple of dollars (“bucks”) more for tip to reach your hotel.
New Orleans Airport Shuttle
Once you have retrieved your luggage make your way over to the Airport Shuttle ticket counter located across the baggage area 3, 6 and 12. The ticket will cost you $20 one way. Proceed outside to wait for your shuttle. They run approximately every 30 min.
Please note that Day 1 is an arrival day and no activities have been planned, though a brief departure meeting will be held in the hotel on the evening of Day 1. When you arrive at our joining hotel, you will find the time and place of the meeting on a welcome note hung in the hotel lobby. If you are unable to find the note, please just ask the front desk staff.
At the meeting you will meet other tour participants and receive information about general and specific aspects of the trip. If you arrive late and miss the meeting, your CEO will leave you a message detailing what time and where you should meet the next morning.
- Olde Town Inn or similar
New Orleans - Memphis (With lunch)
Summary of The Day: Hear the beat in Memphis, Tennessee!
Explore the birthplace of Rock 'n' Roll, Home of Blues and the starting point of soul. Music Legends including Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and B.B. King made their marks on Memphis. Optional activities include visiting the National Civil Rights Museum (located where the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr took place in 1968) or visiting the Rock & Soul Museum. In the evening stroll one of America's most famous streets: Beale Street with it's live entertainment!
- Approximate Distance: 397 miles
Estimated Travel Time: 8 hours (including stops)
Memphis - Memphis/Nashville (With breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Summary of The Day: During the morning, walk in the footsteps of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll at Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland (optional). See how the legend lived and discover videos, pictures, stage costumes and much more. If Graceland is not for you, enjoy the time to explore more of Memphis on your own. Travel to Nashville in time to check out the nightlife and visit a real country cowboy bar.
- Approximate Distance: 236 miles
Estimated Travel Time: 5 hours (including stops)
Memphis/Nashville - Appalachia (With breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Summary of The Day: Experience the Appalachian Mountains on today's drive. See remains of the settlements along the Parkway, learn their history as we take our time exploring this fabulous drive. The mountains are a perfect place to relax and to enjoy the fresh, clean air and see the true beauty of North America.
There will be optional short hikes on the many trails throughout the park.
- Approximate Distance: 357 miles
Estimated Travel Time: 8 hours (including stops)
Appalachia - Shenandoah National Park (With breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Summary of The Day: We'll continue on the Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park, a truly beautiful, historic national treasure. Standing on top of the peaks of Shenandoah National Park, gazing across the silent mountains, it's hard to believe we are just a short distance away from Washington, D.C.
- Approximate Distance: 298 miles
Estimated Travel Time: 7 hours (including stops)
Shenandoah National Park - Washington, D.C. (With breakfast)
Summary of The Day: Visit the eternal flame of John F Kennedy's grave at the Arlington Cemetery and pay respect to the many other fallen soldiers around you in Arlington, Virginia.
Then continue on to the capital city of the United States. There is so much to see and do in Washington, D.C. that you can't see it all in one day. Take your time as you spend a full day exploring this fascinating city. Tour the national monuments and memorials including the White House, Washington Monument, Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial. Visit the National Mall that includes 15 museums such as the Air and Space Museum and the National Museum of Natural History.
Washington, D.C. - New York City (With breakfast and lunch)
Summary of The Day: Dive into the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. Opt to visit Times Square, stroll Central Park or check out Greenwich Village. Enjoy a last dinner with your group before saying goodbye.
For our night in NYC, we'll stay close to the action in a hostel near the city center.
- Approximate Distance to NYC: 233 miles
Estimated Travel Time to NYC: 6 hours (including stops)
Summary of The Day: Depart at any time. From the Statue of Liberty to Ground Zero to Chinatown, New York City is full of things to do and see. We recommend spending extra time here. Please speak to your sales agent to book extra accommodations.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $1,229.00||USD $1,468.00||USD $1,229.00|
Holiday Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $1,329.00||USD $1,568.00||USD $1,329.00|
*Prices listed have been adjusted.
*Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
*price for Double Occupancy applies when two people stay in one standard hotel room respectively.
*Age requirement: 18-39.
*Child shares the same price as adult.
*Maximum room capacity: 2 people.
*Please include the birth date of your children when booking.
- Entrance fees to all national parks and national monuments with hiking and walking excursions. Orientation to Washington, D.C. and New York City. Visit to Arlington Cemetery. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners. (Allow USD100-150 for meals not included.)
- Hotel (1 nt), hostel (multi-share 1 nt), participation camping (5 nts).
- Air-conditioned private touring van, walking
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout.
- Small group experience; Max 13, avg 10.
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and New Orleans
- All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals, however, you have the option to pay for meals that the tour guide arranges
- Allow USD100-150 for meals not included.
- Optional Activities
-Hiking poles, binoculars, Playing cards, games, frisbee, notebook, pens/pencils
- Important Notes:
- An essential part of your trip is participation - from putting up your tent (while camping) or packing it away in the morning, to helping with meal preparation and cleaning up - it is all part of your adventure and when everyone puts in a little effort the trip will run smoothly. Your CEO will do all the meal planning, but we do ask the clients to help with the preparation and washing up. Team spirit is part of the fun! All camping equipment (with the exception of your sleeping bag and pillow) is supplied. We supply dome tents and assembly/disassembly takes only 5 minutes. All tents have built-in insect nets. Self-inflating mattresses are also provided, which are approximately 4 cm thick, warm and comfortable.
- Proper sleeping bags are necessary for this tour. Evening temperatures can reach -9°C - 0°C. Please ensure that your sleeping bag is rated to (-17°C for spring and fall trips and 0°C for trips June - Sept). If you prefer you can purchase a proper sleeping bag on the first day of the trip. Prices range from $40-$60USD.
- In order to cover the vast distance in North America to be able to visit several different parks and cities along our trip, we will have a couple of long driving days.
- All walks and hikes proposed by our CEO will be easy to moderate level. You may choose to participate or not, but exploring our national parks on foot is part of our way of travelling. It’s a healthy way to discover North America’s beauty and landscape.
- Please note that some trips could be a combination of multiple G Adventure tours. You should expect some group members to join or leave the tour between tour segments.
- Regarding our wi-fi equipped vehicles: we have limited bandwidth, and in the interests of allowing all travellers to access the wi-fi, travellers should limit their access to reasonable levels. Please note that wi-fi is not always available due to areas with limited or no cell phone service (e.g. in parts of national parks).
- Please note that the legal drinking age in the United States is 21 and in Canada, 19 (with Alberta and Quebec at 18). Many bars and clubs will ask for ID at the door, therefore listening to live music in certain bars or spending a night out in Las Vegas or New Orleans is not possible when you are under the legal age, even if you don't plan on consuming alcohol. Drinking laws in both countries are strictly enforced and our CEOs are unable to help those under age obtain alcohol of any kind.
While this should not stop those under legal drinking age from booking a tour, it is important to note that if a traveller is under-age there are certain optional nighttime activities that they may not legally be able to participate in. When trying to book the right trip, we recommend that travellers under legal drinking age take this into consideration when booking a tour that visits several big cities.
- You will be on the move a lot, so our advice is to pack as lightly as possible.
- For days in the outdoors, we recommend the use of lightweight, breathable, moisture-wicking fabrics made of wool or synthetic fibers. Cotton is not recommended for days to spend hiking as it does not allow for heat or moisture to enter or escape, and it will not dry easily once wet.
- We recommend the use of a well-labeled duffel bag, soft bag or backpack (whichever you find easiest to carry). Suitcases or heavy luggage are not recommended for the health of the CEO! A good size day-pack (20-35L) is also essential as you will have the chance to walk and hike in different national parks during these trips This daypack will be used to carry your personal gear for the day, lunch and water bottle.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Looking at December 2015 09/27/2015 08:27:50
Please note that this tour is no longer operating. Keep in mind that when the departure dates are available, our website will show the departure dates in bold.
Currently we have a similar tour available:
Customer Service Rep
Dear Nicola Steinhauer,
Regretfully, we are not currently offering any tours covering both the Southern, and Eastern United states combined during December.
We've included links below to our web pages that feature our tours of the Eastern U.S. and New Orleans:
Thank you for your inquiry.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7