Summary of The Day: Your adventure starts when we pick you up from your accommodation around 8am. From there we take the scenic drive into Cape Range National Park to our base camp, which is about 80kms.
At the came we'll set up our base camp kitchen trailer which contains; gas cookers, fridge, eskis, awnings, chairs and tables, all the gear we need for comfortable camping. We'll camp out in swags or tents beneath the stars.
Over the 5 days we will paddle most of the coastline of Cape Range National Park. At the end of each day we'll drive back to our base camp. We'll provide two vehicles for the car shuffling.
Summary of The Day: A Typical Day
The day starts with breakfast around 7am. Depending on what everyone feels like, we have a choice of; porridge, fruit and cereal, muesli, toast, plus freshly brewed coffee and tea. We aim to get our days gear ready so we can start kayaking by 8.30am.
Once on the water, we might build on some kayak skills as we cruise the shallow waters inside the reef. Sights we may see during the day include: jumping schools of trevally, flying fish, small reef sharks, dolphins, ospreys, rays, dugongs and lots of turtles.
In season humpback whales can be seen broaching outside the reef, and a very special sight is to see the striking black and white shape of a huge manta ray as it majestically sweeps by. An hour or so into the morning paddle, an attractive, beckoning beach will be chosen for morning tea and a chance to stretch the legs and go snorkeling. Then it’s back into our kayaks for a few more watery kilometers before a longer stop for lunch.
The distance we'll paddle each day is between 6 and 14 kilometres. The kayaking generally takes between 2 and 4 hours with lots of snorkeling and relaxing during the day. Most days we will aim to finish between 2 -4pm, or earlier if the wind is kind to us and we can put up the parafoils (sailing with kites).
After driving back to base camp, we'll enjoy a snack, cold drink or a cup of tea, as a welcome reward for weary paddlers. Finding a nice position on a sand hill to watch the sun go down with a glass of chilled wine or beer in hand is a very relaxing way to end the day.
You should bring:
Drinking water (at least 2 litre)
Toiletries (there are no showers!)
Pick up begins at 8:00am. Please wait outside your accommodation 15 minutes before departure time.
We all take turns to help prepare the healthy and delicious evening meal, which can be a very social affair-vegetarians are catered for. Any fish people can catch are a welcome addition to our meals. Evenings are spent enjoying the company, conversation, the stars and the sound of gently lapping water.
We try to make our camps as environmentally friendly as possible, and hopefully when we leave, you won’t know we’ve been there.
We usually do short walks to explore gorges Cape Range National Park and visit the Milyering Visitors Centre.We ask for help, to prepare meals, cook and clean.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.