Summary of The Day: You will board the AVE high-speed train departing at 9:30am, arriving in Barcelona at 12:48pm. A driver will be waiting at the train station to take you to your hotel.
You will need to find your own way to Madrid Atocha Train Station, carrying a printout of the AVE ticket sent to you in the mail. Please be at the train station at least 30 minutes before departure time. Our guide will not accompany you on the train, but a driver will be waiting at the Barcelona Sants station to take you to your hotel.
Summary of The Day: We'll start with a sightseeing tour by bus that will take you up the elegant Passeig de Gracia, where you will see the famous Gaudi houses Casa Batllo and Casa Mila (La Pedrera), as well as other Modernist buildings.
You'll see the Arc de Triomf, Ciudadella Park, Olympic Village, Olympic Port, Barceloneta, Port Vell, and Plaza de Colon with its famous Columbus monument. Continuing our tour, we'll drive up Montjuïc, making a short stop at Olympic Stadium. Then we'll visit Montjuïc Castle, where you will enjoy a cable car ride boasting incredible panoramas of the city. The bus will pick you up at the last station. Then we'll visit Spanish Village (admission included).
Later we'll drive to Plaza de Catalunya, the starting point of the guided walking tour of the old city center. Our guide will take you to Las Rambles, Cathedral Square, through the narrow streets of the Gothic quarter, and on to Plaza Sant Jaume. The first part of the tour finishes at Plaza de Catalunya, in front of Hard Rock Cafe.
Summary of The Day: After breakfast at the hotel, we'll pick you up and take you on a day trip to Montserrat. To get to a higher altitude on Montserrat, which climbs to a vertiginous 4,051 feet, we'll take the rack rail, or Cremallera: a 15-minute ride with stunning mountain views. We'll visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which houses the famous Romanesque carving of the Black Virgin (Virgen Moreneta). The stories of the miracles performed by the Virgin Moreneta, the patron saint of Catalonia, have spread far and wide, and Santa Maria de Montserrat, the Benedectine abbey which hosts the Virgin, has now become a major pilgrimage site. Your tour of Montserrat includes admission to the audiovisual exposition on the mountain's fascinating history as well as a tasting of four Montserrat liquors.
Upon our return to the city in the afternoon, the rest of the day is yours to discover the many wonders of Barcelona.
Summary of The Day: After breakfast a shuttle bus will be available to take you to the airport.
|USD $675.45||USD $664.19||USD $1,015.88||USD $506.59|
|+USD $102.66||+USD $100.96||+USD $32.42||+USD $77.00|
* Child: 4-7 years of age|
* Children under 4 years old travel free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat on the bus and share a twin room with 2 adults (one child per room maximum).
* Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Price for Double and Triple Occupancy applies when two and three people stay in one standard hotel room, respectively.
* Triple price does not guarantee a third bed in the room as each room is furnished with two beds only. Please check availability at the time of check-in.
* Prices may be adjusted upward during official holidays and select weekends.
* The Barcelona city tax is not included in the total price and must be paid directly to the hotel at check-in.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.