Summary of The Day: We'll board the AVE high-speed train departing at 9:30 a.m., arriving in Barcelona at 12:48 p.m. A driver will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
Summary of The Day: Breakfast at the hotel. Pick up from your hotel for a morning Highlights tour of Barcelona. We will start with a sightseeing tour from the bus that will take you up the elegant Paseo de Gracia, where you will see the most famous Gaudi houses, casa Battlo and La casa Mila (La Pedrera) as well as other majestic buildings of the Modernism era. We will be able to admire the intense changes the city underwent with the organisation of the Olympic Games in 1992. You will drive by the Olympic Village, the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter, called Barceloneta, the Port Vell, Plaza (square) de Colon with its famous Columbus monument.
This point is also the beginning of the famous Ramblas of Barcelona. We will continue the visit driving up Montjuïc where you will enjoy a cable car ride with precious views of the city. The bus will pick you up at the last station and we will continue our Montjuïc visit passing by the sports facilities built for the 1992 Olympic Games: the Lluis Companys stadium, the Palau Sant Jordi, the Olympic swimming pool Picornell until we get to the Spanish Village. We will visit this charming place where you will admire a collection of traditional buildings from all over Spain, and a demonstration of a selection of the handcrafts made in this country.Afterwards, we will leave the Montjuïc behind and go back down to the city centre. During the drive back to the city centre you will be able to admire the Venetian Towers, the Montjuïc fountains, the MNAC and the CC, Las Arenas rebuilt over the ancient Plaza de Toros.
We will arrive at the Plaza de Catalunya, the starting point of the guided walking tour of the old city centre. Our guide will take you to the Gothic Cathedral, threw the narrow street of the Gothic quarter and plaza Sant Jaume where the City hall is located and the headquarters of the Catalonian government.Our tour finishes at the Plaza de Catalunya, in front of the Hard Rock Café, in the city centre at a 10 min walking distance from our office.
Afternoon is at leisure to enjoy this wonderful city and surroundings.
Accommodation at the hotel.
Summary of The Day: After breakfast at the hotel, we'll take you on a morning highlights tour of Barcelona, including the Gothic Quarter, Placa Sant Jaume, Olympic Village, Olympic Ring and Montjuic. Later on we'll visit Spanish Village (El Poble Espanyol), a collection of buildings showcasing the architectural styles of Spain by region. You'll see a demonstration by local craftsmen followed by an aerial view of Barcelona from the Montjuic Cable Car. On those days when the cable car is closed for maintenance, we'll explore Barcelona's culinary delights at a tapas-tasting instead.
In the afternoon we'll regroup for a half-day tour to Montserrat departing from Calle Balmes 5, (near Plaza Catalunya) at 3:00 p.m. To get to a higher altitude on Montserrat, which climbs to a vertiginous 4,051 feet, we'll take the rack rail, or Cremallera: a 15-minute ride with stunning mountain views. We'll visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which houses the famous Romanesque carving of the Black Virgin (Virgen Moreneta). The stories of the miracles performed by the Virgin Moreneta, the patron saint of Catalonia, have spread far and wide, and Santa Maria de Montserrat, the Benedectine abbey which hosts the Virgin, has now become a major pilgrimage site. Your tour of Montserrat includes admission to the audiovisual exposition on the mountain's fascinating history as well as a tasting of four Montserrat liquors.
Summary of The Day: After breakfast a shuttle bus will be available to take you to the airport.
|USD $714.20||USD $702.30||USD $1,009.55||USD $535.65|
* Child: 4-7 years of age.|
* Children under 4 years old travel free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat on the bus and share a twin room with 2 adults (one child per room maximum).
* Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
* Price for Double and Triple Occupancy applies when two and three people stay in one standard hotel room, respectively.
* Triple price does not guarantee a third bed in the room as each room is furnished with two beds only. Please check availability at the time of check-in.
* Prices may be adjusted upward during official holidays and select weekends.
* The Barcelona city tax is not included in the total price and must be paid directly to the hotel at check-in.
* Tour prices are based on Euros (EUR) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date. Bookings will be subject to penalties when modified or cancelled.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Many of our tours and activities are available in several languages:
Your guide speaks the language.
A headset or similar audio device in the language is available.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Tours4fun.com. All rights reserved. Tours4fun and its logo are trademarks of Easy-Go Inc.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Tours4fun Terms and Conditions.