Summary of The Day: Today your journey along the Garden Route will begin! We'll pick you up from your hotel and depart in our luxury air-conditioned vehicle.
Traveling along the scenic and mountain lined N2 via Sir Lowry's Pass, we'll travel through the apple growing region of Elgin and the wheat growing region of South Africa. We'll continue through small towns like Caledon, Riviersonderend, and Riversadle, stopping for rest breaks along the way.
We'll also stop at Albertinia at the Aloe Vera Factory for a 20 minute stop, complete with a complimentary cup of coffee and time for shopping. Next, we'll journey to Zorgfontein Game Reserve where we'll walk with lions, an experience not to be missed!
Afterwards, we'll stop in Mossel Bay, right on the edge of the Indian Ocean. At around 3:00pm we'll travel to Botlierskop Game Farm for a breathtaking 3-hour game drive in an open 4×4 truck. This is a unique occasion to fully experience the Big 5 animals like never before.
After the game drive we will depart for Knysna, passing through the scenic towns of George, Wilderness and Sedgefield. We'll check-in at accommodation and freshen up before heading to dinner.
Lunch will be served at Café Gannet (RR, Seafood, Sushi, Soups, Pizza).
Dinner will be served at The Olive Tree (European), Die Gieter’s Cathy & Remy Restaurant (RR, French, Mediterranean), 34 South (Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Gluten free, African, Mediterranean), Anchorage Restaurant (Seafood, Vegetarian, Soups), or East Head Café (R, Contemporary, Café).
Elephant Hide of Knysna Guest Lodge, Belvidere Manor Hotel or similar
Summary of The Day: After breakfast we'll check out of our luxurious hotel and head out to explore the Knysna Heads. We'll drive to the top of one of the heads and down to the beach to appreciate the beauty of mother nature.
Next stop will be at Garden of Eden, a gorgeous trail and forest in the Garden Routes National Park, for a guided walking tour for approximately 15 minutes. Afterwards we will have an hour to admire the largest bird sanctuary in southern hemisphere, the Birds of Eden, as well as visit the Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary.
Alternatively, guests can interact with the cheetahs at Tenikwa. Please be advised that only one option will be taken and not both.
Our next stop will be at the Storms River Mouth Rest Mouth where we'll enjoy lunch at Cattle Baron. After lunch we will embark on a guided walking tour of about 900 meters to the Storms River Suspension Bridge, where we'll see amazing views of the gorgeous river and ocean.
We will depart from there at approximately 3:00pm and travel back along our route to Oudtshoorn through the Outeniqua Pass. We will overnight at Hlangana lodge or similar accommodations, arriving between 6:30-7:00pm.
Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
Lunch will be served at Tsitsikama Cattle Baron (Mediterranean, Barbecue).
Dinner will be served at Swartberg Country Manor, Nostalgia Restaurant (Africa), or Bello Cibo Restaurant (Italian).
Hlangana Lodge Swartberg Country Manor, Turnberry Boutique Hotel, Oudtshoorn or similar
Summary of The Day: After breakfast we'll head out to the Safari Ostrich Farm where we'll have the chance to see, feed, and the ostriches.
From here we'll travel to the Cango Wildlife Ranch, the largest and oldest cheetah sanctuary in the world. Here we'll learn about the ranch's efforts to protect and care for over 60 species of animals, including the largest population of crocodiles. We'll have a stunning experience here as we wander through the park's amazing exhibit, including Cheetahland, Lemur Falls, Kuranda Forest, and more!
We'll continue from here to the famous Cango Caves for a guided tour of these limestone caverns. From here we'll have lunch and then begin our journey back to Cape Town, driving along the famous route 62. Along the way there we'll be plenty of attractions to stop at your guide's recommendations.
As we arrive back in Cape Town we'll drop you back off at your accommodation or at Port Elizabeth.
Breakfast will be served at your hotel.
Lunch will be served at Nostalgie Restaurant (African), Bello Cibo Restaurant (Italian), or Signature Divine (French, Spanish).
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests to depart.
* Adult: 13 years or older
* Children: 6 - 12 years old
* Infants under the age of 6 may join the tour for free.
* Tour prices are based on South African Rand and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Professional Tour Guide/Driver
Transportation in Luxury Air-conditioned Vehicle (C class Mercedes Benz, latest Toyota Avanza or Minibus (Hyundai H1))
2-Night 4-Star Hotel Accommodation
2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
Very flexible and custom itinerary
Complimentary free Wi-Fi, snacks, & cold bottled water onboard
Drinks and beverages are not included in the meals.
Please include your hotel name and address during booking for hotel pick-up. Pick-up will be around 7:00am.
You may choose to be picked up and dropped off at Port Elizabeth.
All Game Drives on this tour are conducted by Professional Game Rangers in a secured 4x4 truck. However, by choosing to participate you accept responsibility and liability for your own safety.
This tour does not require you to join any activities and optional tours can be tailored to your preferences. No experience is needed for most activities.
Tours4fun requires passengers to be aware of the importance of travel insurance when traveling on adventure style tours. We strongly advise to take out travel and cancellation insurance to cover against cancellation costs, lost or damaged luggage or costs incurred from injury or illness. If you choose not to travel with travel insurance please be aware Tours4fun or any of its affiliates will take no liability for any cost incurred while traveling on this tour.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.