Summary of The Day: This morning you will be collected from your accommodation and depart on your fantastic 3 day vacation!
Traveling north along the scenic route to Mossman, we'll see lush farmland contrasts with seascape as we approach the majestic Daintree River. We'll have a short morning tea break, then its 'all aboard' for an informative one hour river cruise. Relax and enjoy the splendor only the Daintree can offer as you learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife!
We'll ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the azure colors of the Coral Sea. Then we'll experience the rainforest intimately on our elevated National Park Boardwalk. Accurate interpretations of flora and fauna will be given with ample time for photographs and questions as we search for the elusive, rare and totally unique Southern Cassowary and other wildlife species within this particular habitat.
A delicious barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads is served while you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo and enjoy a cold drink from the bar.
Then we'll travel beyond Cape Tribulation along the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek and time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a feast of tropical fruit, a complimentary glass of wine and a cup of traditional Billy Tea, all of which enhance the tranquil surroundings.
At Cape Tribulation Beach there is a little time to swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'. You will be taken to your overnight accommodation in Cape Tribulation where the remainder of the day and evening is at your leisure.
Port Douglas: 8:20am
Summary of The Day: This morning you will be collected from your accommodation and continue your journey to Cooktown - The Last Frontier of North Queensland.
The 4WD only Bloomfield Track allows you to travel through the heart of this World Heritage Listed area providing incredible glimpses of Australia hard to imagine. Travel over rugged mountain ranges and river crossings.
Lunch will be served at the Lions Den Hotel, one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs (est. 1875). While here we'll get to visit the mysterious Black Mountains steeped in Aboriginal legend, before arriving mid-afternoon in Cooktown.
From Grassy Hill enjoy 360 degree panoramic views of Cooktown, the Endeavour River and the Coral Sea. Have your camera ready!
Summary of The Day: An early start today as you will be collected from your accommodation by Nugal-warra Elder, Willie Gordon for a half day Rainbow Serpent Tour. Willie has a great smile, an infectious laugh and will be taking you to visit the rock art sites on his traditional country outside Hope Vale Aboriginal Community. The Rainbow Serpent Tour takes you through a dramatic landscape to six rock art sites, including an Ancestral Birth Cave and the Reconciliation Cave.
This afternoon depart Cooktown via the inland road, The Mulligan Highway, travelling through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River Gold mine region, which is the Outback of Far North Queensland.
We'll stop for dinner (at your own expense) at the authentic Queenslander pub in the old mining town of Mount Carbine.
Port Douglas: 8:30pm
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to depart, but individual bookings are accepted until a minimum is reached.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
4WD Air-conditioned vehicle
1 Hour Daintree River Cruise
Lunch at Aussie Bush Pub on Day 1 & 2
Morning and Afternoon Tea on Day 1
2 night Accommodations at 3-Star Australian Hotels
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas Hotels
Please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking for hotel pick-up.
What to Bring:
Hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, towel, and a reusable water bottle.
Small overnight bag, maximum 10 kg (no suitcases please).
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.