Hometown - Yellowknife - Aurora Viewing
Summary of The Day: Yellowknife is probably the best place to view one of the Earth’s greatest natural wonders, the Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights. That’s because the area experiences more clear nights than other Northern locations. Amazing Aurora displays are possible on over 240 nights each year! After check-in, free at leisure till 9:30pm, afterwards begin your 1st Aurora viewing night. You will stay in the warm chamber to explore the amazing Aurora Borealis, in the meantime you can enjoy free hot drinks and snacks till 2:00am and return to your hotel.
- Days Inn(Value) / Explorer(Deluxe) or similar
Yellowknife City Tour (2 hours) - Aurora Viewing
Summary of The Day: Autumn tour: 08/01 - 11/09
After breakfast, We will have a city tour to this capital city of the Northwest Territories. Yellowknife is a small-but unique town of about 18,000 people , you will experience your own unique adventure in our pristine Northern environment. We will travel to Great Slave Lake,This lake is one of the world’s largest fresh-water bodies of water, you can choose do some own expense items, such as fishing. Tonight, we will have the 2nd Aurora Viewing tour.
Winter tour: 11/10/2016 - 04/30/2017
We travel with you by snowmobile to Great Slave Lake,This lake is one of the world’s largest fresh-water bodies of water. Aside from the natural beauty of the Aurora Borealis,where you will observe our guides pull up the catch with an aboriginal ice fishing net..Then,return to our lodge and enjoy a feast of freshly caught fish. After lunch, We will have a city tour to this capital city of the Northwest Territories. Yellowknife is a small-but unique town of about 18,000 people, you will experience your own unique adventure in our pristine Northern environment. Tonight, we will have the 2nd Aurora Viewing tour.
- Lunch is included for winter tour(11/10/2016 - 04/30/2017).
- Days Inn(Value) / Explorer(Deluxe) or similar
Yellowknife - Hometown
Summary of The Day: Your wonderful trip will end today and we will transfer you to airport for your returning flight.
Airport free pick-up time: 9:00am - 9:00pm, beyond this time range, additional fees CAD$15/person will be charged.
Meeting location: meet and greet tour guide at baggage claim area.
Free drop off service applies between 9:00am-9:00pm, out of free time range $15/person will be applied.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $555.00||USD $538.00||USD $521.00||USD $709.00|
Hotel options for departure dates from 11/10/2016 to 04/30/2017
|+USD $26.00||+USD $26.00||+USD $26.00||+USD $60.00|
Hotel options for departure dates from 08/01/2016 to 11/09/2016
|+USD $42.00||+USD $43.00||+USD $42.00||+USD $85.00|
*Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room. This tour needs at least 2 passengers to operate, if you want to leave in the single room, there must be at least two guests and each leave in the single room.|
*Price for Double/Triple/Quadruple Occupancy applies when two/three/four people stay in one standard hotel room respectively.
*Triple/Quadruple price does not guarantee a third/forth bed in the room but it can be requested at the time of check-in.
*Children(2-11 years old) share the same rates with adults.
*Maximum room capacity: 4 people including adult and child/infant.
*Please note that infant(s) also needs to pay for the tour fare $45.00 per day. According to the law, it is illegal to have infant get on the bus without seat. If guests don't pay for infant, then, the infant cannot get on the bus (then at least one passenger cannot join the coach tour to take care the infant). So, If you have infant(s) participate in the tour, please DO leave us a note to remark the actual number of passengers. We'll notify you with the charges.
- Complimentary Yellowknife airport pick-up and drop-off
- 2-night hotel accommodations
- Drinks and snacks for Aurora Viewing
- Ice fishing(lunch included)
- Professional tour escort
- Winter clothes for departure dates during 11/10/2016 - 04/30/2017
- Ground transportation in tour coach
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and airport
- All personal expenses including hotel room service, airport and hotel porterage
- Winter Clothes Rental(08/01 - 11/09)(including jacket, pants, boots, gloves and hat for Aurora Viewing): CAD85.00 + Tax
- 5% GST Tax
- Service fees for tour guide and driver(min. CAD$5.00/day per person)
- Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
Guests must pay optional tour costs and other additional fees in Canadian dollars (CAD). If you only have U.S. dollars or any other non-Canadian currency, we suggest that you:
1. Exchange your currency for Canadian dollars (CAD) before you join the tour.
2. Ask our tour guide for assistance.
- Cancellation Policy:
* 32 or more days prior to departure date - 10% penalty
* 25-32 days prior to departure date - 30% penalty
* 17-24 days prior to departure date - 50% penalty
* No refund within 16-day prior to departure date. No partial refund on any unused services.
* Non-refundable for any changes or cancellation for hotel upgrade.
- Note: Due to the nature of the aurora borealis being a natural phenomenon and rare occurrence, we cannot guarantee a sighting of the aurora borealis lights. Seeing the aurora borealis in action is dependent on weather conditions and the cycle of the aurora during your specified visit. We will try our best to give all guests the opportunity to view the lights if possible. Thank you for your understanding.
- This tour needs at least 2 passengers to operate. If there is only one guest and he is willing to pay the double room price, we will arrange the tour for him. Please make a note and book the air ticket after receiving our confirmation.
- Please contact us to provide your flight information at least 7 days before your tour departure.
- Please note that each customer can only take one standard check-in luggage and one carry-on bag. Extra luggage is subject to a surcharge of USD$35.00 per piece.
- Flight information must be provided in order for the airport transfer services to be arranged. At our discretion, if flight information is not provided or provided last minute, your reservation will be noted as a self transfer and no airport transfer services will be arranged. If you decide to self transfer to the tour's first night's hotel, please inform us at your earliest convenience. If you opt out of a transfer service, you may reinstate the airport transfer service if notification to reinstate the service is given well in advance of the tour's departure. Urgent requests to reinstate airport transfer services will not be guaranteed. If a flight is delayed, Tours4fun/ local provider will attempt to arrange a later airport transfer service, however; this later service is not guaranteed. If an airport transfer service is not available and cannot be provided, all guests are responsible for self transferring to the tour's first night's hotel.
- Visa is not required for U.S. Citizens. However, please bring your Photo I.D and proof of citizenship (U.S. birth certificate or naturalization certificate) for re-entry to the United States. A passport is highly recommended. Children, ages 18 and under only require a birth certificate. If you are not an American citizen or permanent resident, please bring your passport, I-94 card or resident alien card. Due to heightened security at the border, additional paperwork is required from visitors from some countries. This only applies to a very few countries. Please be aware of the status of your country or origin or check with the local immigration office to ensure that multiple-entry into the U.S. is allowed. This will avoid unnecessary delays. Should any person be detained upon re-entry to the U.S., we will be unable to wait while the additional paperwork is filed. Additional charges may apply for transportation.
- For customers who will self transfer to hotel on day, according to the hotel's policy, the guests need to arrange their check-in after 3:00pm (local time). If the guests arrive at the hotel before 3:00pm, they will have to wait until 3:00pm to check-in. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Please Note:
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
- Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide (English/Chinese). Tours and/or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
- Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Can you tell me where do we need to flight on the arrive? 11/11/2016 17:47:55
Thank you for your inquiry with Tours4fun.
We will arrange pick up directly at your baggage claim area upon your arrival at Yellowknife Airport.
We will request for flight details after your tour has been confirmed.
Please book directly on the right hand side of the booking section on the tour page.
Customer Service Rep
I'm looking forward to getting your feedback soon.
Dear Jiyoung, Chang,
For this tour you will only pass by Yellowknife to view the Aurora.
The price listed will be in US dollars.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7