Summary of The Day: Give Detroit the attention it deserves on this Detroit walking tour that shows you everything you absolutely need to see in this awesome American city. Meet your local guide at a cafe on Broadway, and take a walk around the nearby area which includes spots such as Foxtown, Madison Avenue, and Paradise Valley. You'll see the fabulous Fox Theater, Comerica Park (which is home of the Detroit Tigers) the beautiful Detroit Opera House, and several other Detroit highlights - the perfect way to familiarise yourself with the city.
Next on your Detroit city tour, take a quick ride over to the popular Greektown district on the elevated train called the 'People Mover'. In Greektown, you can taste a super-sweet piece of baklava, see a casino, or visit a historic church that was a stop on the Underground Railroad. Hopefully during our time in Greektown you'll get to see a waiter light some liquor on fire over a piece of cheese, a classic Greek tradition. Opa!
Another ride on the People Mover leads to a stop in the Civic Center area. Here you will see some famous Detroit sculptures, and have a view of the massive Renaissance Center, home to the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. You'll also be able to give our friends in Canada a wave from here!
Next on this Detroit tour, we visit the 1929 art-deco Guardian Building to see the remarkably-beautiful lobby and banking room. It cannot be denied that this is one of the most beautiful buildings in Detroit, and may even be one of the most gorgeous you see on your travels in the US - seriously!
Walk by another landmark, the 47-story Penobscot Building, to American and Lafayette Coney Island restaurants, where you can try a free 'coney dog' - a grilled hot dog with Detroit-style chili, mustard and onions. Detroiters have been devouring them for more than 90 years, so to get into the local spirit we suggest that you give it a go!
Our last stop on this Detroit walking tour by seeing a famous renovated hotel which originally opened in 1924, and then we'll finish up with a ride on the People Mover back to Broadway.
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
On a very rare occasion, the People Mover or one of the venues that we usually visit may be unavailable.
Dress casually and comfortably. Wear shoes that are good for a fair amount of walking. Depending on weather, you may want to have a jacket, hat or an umbrella.
On the occasional day when a steady heavy rain might dampen the mood on a walking tour, we will start from the same location but we will stay dry by riding the People Mover.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
My 70 year old father and I (47) loved the two hour walking tour. Bob shared with us his passion for Detroit, the explosive building boom of the 1920's and what has happened since. I've lived in Detroit suburbs for 20 years and been downto...wn dozens of times. But now I appreciate it so much more. I highly recommend the tour. I've already told many about our experience.Read full review
Q & A
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.