San Francisco - Sonoma Valley - San Francisco
Summary of The Day: We'll depart San Francisco traveling through the Marin Headlands to see some of the largest trees in the world at Muir Woods, a beautiful valley filled with California Redwood Sequoia trees. You'll spend around an hour at Muir Woods, and then, come back over the headlands and head north again.
You'll learn the history of California Wine Country on the way to the historic Sonoma Valley and Carneros Regions, spending 30 minutes to 1 hour at each winery, with free Wine Tasting fees, and usually five appetizing wines at each one. At lunch time, you will visit the Sonoma Plaza, with complimentary cheese tasting, and the option of a gourmet deli, or a BBQ.
On your way back to San Francisco, we'll also drive through the picturesque town of Sausalito, home of thousands of sailboats, and hundreds of floating houses, and a beautiful view of the Bay and San Francisco.
Finally, we'll make our way back to San Francisco and stop to take pictures high above the Golden Gate Bridge, if we didn't get a chance to do this during the morning.
- We do not offer hotel reservations for this tour. Please arrange your hotel accommodation on your own before starting your tour.
Summary of The Day: The tour will take a ferry from San Francisco's Pier 33 to the famous Alcatraz Island, where you'll view an amazing audio-visual presentation with interviews from people who worked and lived on the island.
You'll have time to see the landmark on your own before boarding the ferry to go back to San Francisco.
- Alcatraz is even more popular this year than in year's past so we therefore recommend booking Alcatraz packages as soon as possible.
The Alcatraz tour will take place in the afternoon and once we confirm an Alcatraz package, the tickets are non-refundable. Please contact us to confirm whether Alcatraz tickets are available on the day you choose, if it is not available, we will refund you ticket fee.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $165.50||USD $114.50|
*Adult age: 11 and older
*Child age: under 11(Minimum age for tours is 18 months)
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (Please note your hotel location in the comments column when booking.)
- Wine Tasting Fees
- Alcatraz tickets
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
- Professional tour escort
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and San Francisco airport or chosen pick-up location
- All personal expenses including hotel and meals
- Service fee for tour guide/driver(15% recommended)
- Admissions and optional tours (items and prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final confirmation made by the tour guide when on tour.):
- For child under 8 years old:
Please note that for your child's safety, we require you to bring a child safety seat or booster seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4' 9" or 144 cm in height as dictated by California State Law. You will be required to provide your own child seat on all motor vehicle tours. Failure to provide a seat for your child will result in forfeiture of your seats on the tour without refund. If your child is 8 years or older or 4’9” in height you do not need to provide a child seat, however, please let us know.
- We recommend booking Alcatraz packages at least three weeks in advance to ensure availability.
- This tour is non-refundable once you purchase it.
- We offer pick-up at major hotels in downtown San Francisco or Fisherman's Wharf area on the first day. Please note your hotel location in the comments column when booking. We will then confirm the availability for you. For the second day, we pick you up at 9:00 am/9:30 am/10:00 am/10:30 am (subject to availability) from Pier 33 - Embarcadero Street.
- Pick-up time is from 8:00 am to 9:00 am. Please arrive at the pick-up location 10-15 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
- As a courtesy to fellow passengers, it's important to be on time. If clients are late or miss a scheduled pick-up time for the tour, please contact our office IMMEDIATELY. An alternative pick-up location may be arranged at the customer's expense, subject to availability. Any guest who misses their tour entirely will forfeit their seat on the tour. No refunds will be issued.
- Customers are allowed up to two items (ie. one personal item + one carry-on) to travel free of charge. These items must be within the size limitations. Each additional item above the allowance will incur a $25.00 excess luggage fee. Maximum Dimensions for Luggage - Carry on size: 24”x16”x10”, (or 60cm x 40cm x 25 cm). Any Oversize luggage larger than the maximum size noted is $50 regardless of personal items brought on board. (i.e. 1 Oversized Luggage - $50, 2 Oversized pieces = $100). We ask overnight guests to contact us at least 48 hrs in advance to inform us about additional and/or oversize luggage.
- During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
According to our system, due to the current high travel season, the next available date for your party of five to join this tour will be on 09/19/2016.
If you are fine with just touring Redwoods and Wine Country, you may consider the following 1-day tour which currently have open seats (with a daily departure):
1-Day Redwoods and Wine Country Tour (Product Code: 76-2859)
If you have further questions, you may also contact our customer service team at:
Tel: 1-866-933-7368 (US&Canada)
Tel: 1-626-389-8668 (International)
(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)**
We will be more than happy to help.
Thank you very much.
Customer Service Rep
Dear Justin Paulissian,
Unfortunately we are sold out for Alcatraz in the early days of July.
The next available date will be July 19, 2014
***Please note: Alcatraz Island is a popular San Francisco attraction, therefore we recommend booking Alcatraz Packages as soon as possible. Alcatraz tour will take place in the morning and once we confirm an Alcatraz package, Alcatraz tickets are non-refundable. Please contact us to confirm whether a Alcatraz ticket is available on the day you choose, if it is not available, we will refund your Alcatraz ticket fee.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7