Summary of The Day: Departing from the Reef Fleet Terminal at 7:15am, we'll cruise out over the Great Barrier reef on an Ocean Free Cruise. As we pass over gorgeous reefs and clear water, enjoy a danish pastry, fresh fruit, tea, and coffee.
We'll visit reef destinations during our trip and be free to take a snorkeling tour with a Marine Naturalist or a glass bottom boat tour to explore the is lovely region. With everything included, feel free to relax and enjoy these lovely waters for the next 6 hours.
A large buffet lunch will be available, complete with smoked salmon and prawns. On our way back enjoy platters of tropical fruit, cheese, crackers, and assorted cakes.
Summary of The Day: Today you'll travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. This unique coastal place has three diverse ecosystems – beach, mangroves and coastal reef – that are connected to each other by the every changing mud-flats and tidal lagoons.
The brothers teach their guests how to throw a spear and demonstrate how to search and hunt for fish, mud crabs and mussels. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
You are welcomed with a traditional ‘smoking’ ceremony. This ceremony is conducted by Aboriginal people with specialized cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land. It is a ceremony of spiritual cleansing, to ward off evil spirits and to ensure that while you are on the traditional land of Kuku Yalanji people, you are accepted and honored.
Then we'll head to Mossman Gorge Centre where we'll have lunch at the Mayi Cafe. The specially designed menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
Nestled in the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge contains the oldest, continuously surviving rainforest on earth. Experience this pristine natural wonder, with a guided rainforest walk with yoru guide who will unlock the secrets of this fascinating ecosystem. You will see strange primitive plants and there is time for a swim in this magical rainforest environment, so don’t forget your swimmers.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Child 4-14 yrs
2 Adults + 2 Children
For Ocean Cruise & Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
- Great Barrier Reef cruise with Ocean Freedom Cruises
- Adventure drift snorkelling tour with Marine Naturalist
- Snorkeling equipment and instruction
- Lycra suits & flotation devices
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Danish pastry, fresh fruit upon boarding & tea and coffee
- Tea & coffee served all day
- Large buffet lunch with smoked salmon and prawns
- Platters of tropical fuit, cheese & crackers and assorted cakes served on the cruise home
- Freshwater Showers
- Fish Feeding
- Reef Tax
For Daintree Dreaming Day Tour:
- 2 hour coastal & mangrove walk and lessons to identify and catch land & sea bush tucker
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas Hotels
- Guided interpretive tour through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre
Accommodation not included
Additional Meals and Drinks
Transfer to Reef Fleet Terminal on Day 1 (Cairns AUD 14.00 per person and AUD 23.00 Northern Beaches Transfers to and from vessel
Please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking for hotel pick-up.
Day 1 Transfers are not included but are available from Cairns for AUD 24.00 per person and AUD 33.00 from Northern Beaches.
Day 2 Transfer are included.
What to Bring:
Hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, towel, and a reusable water bottle.
Small overnight bag, maximum 10 kg (no suitcases please).
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.