New York - Essex - Cape Cod
Summary of The Day: The bus tour will begin by traveling from New York City to Essex, Connecticut where you will visit the Essex Steam Train and Riverboat. Here you will board the only steam train and riverboat connection in the country (admission not included).
Your narrated journey begins at the historic 1892 Essex Station. You will meander through the countryside aboard vintage rail cars pulled by an authentic steam locomotive. The scenery from both rides is beautiful, with views of quaint old houses, country lanes, green meadows, woods, streams, and famous sights. There are also vintage rail cars, a working railroad yard, and steam and diesel locomotives to explore.
Afterwards, we will head to Cape Cod and stay in a lovely small town - Hyannis.
- International Inn or similar
Hyannis - Marthas Vineyard - New York City
Summary of The Day: In the morning we will take a ferry (admission not included) to Marthas Vineyard. Marthas Vineyard is an ideal place to relax and get away from it all. Each of the Islands six towns provides access to spectacular beaches and outdoor activities while at the same time offering an enjoyable selection of shops, restaurants, and other attractions.
The island receives many famous visitors during its summer months, with many people referring to the island as "Hollywood East." You will visit Aquinnah, formally known as Gay Head Cliff, and is known for its beautiful clay cliffs and quiet natural serenity. The brilliant colors of the mile-long expanse of the Aquinnah Cliffs astonished early explorers and have continued to be a source of intense interest to scientists and visitors alike.
You will also see Chilmark which is known worldwide as a town of rolling hills and unmatched coastline. Not so long ago uninhabited except for an occasional farm or fishing village, it now provides the setting for many a summer home. You will also get a chance to visit Edgartown which was the Islands first colonial settlement. The stately white Greek Revival houses built by the whaling captains have been carefully maintained. They make the town a museum-piece community, a seaport village preserved from the early 19th century.
Additionally you will visit the town of Oak Bluffs which is a resort town on the northeast shore of the island. It was originally incorporated in 1880 as Cottage City. Oak Bluffs is also the home of the Flying Horses Carousel, the oldest continuously operating carousel in the country. Its horses were hand-carved in New York City in 1876. You will also see Vineyard Haven (also known as Tisbury) and West Tisbury which have the characteristics people associate with a typical "New England village," with its white church, general store, post office, old mill, farms, and ponds.
- The tour normally returns to Flushing at approximately 7:00pm and Chinatown at approximately 8:00pm. The specific time is subject to actual circumstances such as bad weather conditions and traffic jams.
Standard Price/Person By Occupancy
|USD $128.00||USD $86.00||USD $86.00||USD $178.00|
Buy 2 Get 3rd Discounted|
*The third guest joins the tour at a discounted rate (except applicable admission fees, mandatory tips, optional activities, and own expense items) on shared room basis.
*For buy 2 get 3rd discounted promotion, please choose the actual passenger numbers so that we can reserve the bus seat for each passenger.
*** Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy applies to discounted-fare passenger based on triple or quadruple price.
*No-shows will be assessed a penalty fee $88.00 per passenger, that is to be paid in cash by the other participating travelers of the reservation.
*Price for Single Occupancy applies when one person stays in one standard hotel room.
*Price for Double/Triple/Quadruple Occupancy applies when two/three/four people stay in one standard hotel room respectively.
*Triple/Quadruple price does not guarantee a third/fourth bed in the room since each room is equipped with 2 beds. Please check the availability at the time of check-in.
*Child enjoys the same price as adult as the 3rd/4th person in one room.
*Maximum room capacity: 4 people including adult and child/infant.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off from chosen location
- 1-Night Hotel Accommodation
- Round-trip transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
- Professional tour guide
- All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals the tour guide arranges
- Service Fee for tour guide/driver (min. USD 8.00/day per person)
- Optional tours (prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final box office price.):
- Essex Steam Train Ride & Cruise: $26.00/Adult; $17:00/Child(3-12)
- Martha's Vineyard Island Ferry: $20.00/Adult; $11.00/Child(3-12)
- Marthas Vineyard Bus: $33.00/Adult; $14.00/Child(3-12)
- Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
- Please offer us the third and fourth person's birth date if you book a triple and/or quad room.
- Multiple departure/pick-up locations are provided as value added options for this tour/activity. Please note that you may be transferred to a central meeting point from the departure/ pick-up location (noted on your E-ticket) prior to departing on your tour/activity.
- Please Note:
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
- Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide (English/Chinese). Tours and/or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
- Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
- Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
Write a Review and earn 200 points. Attach photos to your review and earn 25 points per photo.
Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.
Oleksandra gorbachenko(0)Useful10/26/2016Good tour ( Verified Purchased )
Good tour. Long drive, bus was comfortable but very cold. Not too interesting stops
Valentina.Carrus(0)Useful09/02/2016Perfect Solo trip! ( Verified Purchased )
I enjoyed my solo trip and the tour guide was helpful and nice. I have just booked the next one in Canada. Can't wait! :)
TAS(13)Useful06/09/2013enjoy ( Verified Purchased )
I went to this tour on mermoril day weekend.its so nice and the tour guide Carmen is well organized and sweet.best tour guide i have ever had. This is a very relaxing tour.Want to go again if I have any chance!
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
if yes, please send program, prices, etc
Best regards, Rubens 10/05/2014 16:36:36
Please check back with us in November for our updated tour schedules and prices.
Customer Service Rep
How many minutes will it take from Newyork to Essex Steam train location?
Will you be sponsoring for Essex Steam train ride & river boat ride or do we need to buy it in our expenses?
The drive from New York to Essex is about a 3 1/2 hour drive.
The admissions for the train ride and boat ride are not included in the reservation cost, you will need to purchase them on the day of the tour.
Customer Service Rep
We can only offer a hotel extension in New York.
We cannot offer a hotel extension in Cape Cod and offer you transportation back to New York.
If you choose to leave the tour early, you will have to arrange your own accommodations and transportation after you leave the tour group.
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Customer ReviewsSee All
I went to this tour on mermoril day weekend.its so nice and the tour guide Carmen is well or .. Read MoreBy TAS On 06/09/2013 00:31:31
Perfect Solo trip!
I enjoyed my solo trip and the tour guide was helpful and nice. I have just booked the next .. Read MoreBy Valentina.Carrus On 09/02/2016 14:25:19
Good tour. Long drive, bus was comfortable but very cold. Not too interesting stops Read MoreBy Oleksandra gorbachenko On 10/26/2016 19:03:30