Summary of The Day: This morning you will be collected from your accommodation and depart on your fantastic 3 day vacation!
We'll begin by traveling north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives, towards the Daintree National Park. Here we'll cross the mighty Daintree River by cable ferry. Prepare to be amazing as we see Mother's Natures work, which contains the highest number of plant and animal species in the world which are rare, or threatened by extinction but survive here in the virgin rainforests of Tropical North Queensland.
We'll stop for morning tea “Heritage Lodge” in Cape Tribulation and taste fresh home made scones, tea and coffee. Continuing north your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history of the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. This will take you through some of the most incredible scenery in Tropical North Queensland and Australia.
Next, we'll visit the Bana Yirriji Art and Cultural Centre, where we'll have the opportunity to visit and talk with local Indigenous artists. Continuing north we'll stop for lunch before visiting the famous Lion’s Den Hotel (est. 1875), one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs.
Then we'll continue to a unique geological oddity, Black Mountain, which is surrounded in mystery and spoken of in ancient Aboriginal legend.
Arriving in Cooktown make sure you have your camera ready for 360 degree panoramic views from Grassy Hill of Cooktown, the Coral Sea and the Endeavour River.
Enjoy the spectacular sunsets over the Endeavour River from your own vantage point or take a 2 hour Cafe-style Sunset Cruise on the Endeavour River (own expense).
Summary of The Day: An early start today as you will be collected from your accommodation by Nugal-warra Elder, Willie Gordon for a half day Rainbow Serpent Tour. Willie has a great smile, an infectious laugh and will be taking you to visit the rock art sites on his traditional country outside Hope Vale Aboriginal Community. The Rainbow Serpent Tour takes you through a dramatic landscape to six rock art sites, including an Ancestral Birth Cave and the Reconciliation Cave.
This afternoon depart Cooktown via the inland road, The Mulligan Highway, travelling through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River Gold mine region, which is the Outback of Far North Queensland.
We'll stop for dinner (at your own expense) at the authentic Queenslander pub in the old mining town of Mount Carbine.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to depart, but individual bookings are accepted until a minimum is reached.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
4WD Air-conditioned vehicle
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas Hotels
Cable Ferry across the Daintree River
Lunch at Aussie Bush Pub on Day 1
Delicious morning tea of home-made scones on Day 1
Please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking for hotel pick-up.
What to Bring:
Hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, towel, and a reusable water bottle.
Small overnight bag, maximum 10 kg (no suitcases please).
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.