Summary of The Day: You will be picked up around 12 noon from either Uluru (Ayers Rock Airport) or the town of Yulara at the Outback Pioneer (Ayers Rock Resort). We'll then have lunch and visit the Aboriginal Cultural Centre where you can learn about the Dreamtime, before starting your Uluru Base Walk. Take in the spiritual significance of Kantju Gorge, Mutijulu Waterhole and Aboriginal Cave paintings before a guided Mala Walk before sunset on Uluru, where we will have dinner. We will spend this night camping at the Ayers Rock Camp Ground in swags with hot showers and toilets. Tents are available.
Lunch and dinner are included.
This tour departs at 12:00PM with pick up available from Ayers Rock Airport or Ayers Rock Resort.
Summary of The Day: We'll get up early for sunrise at the Uluru/Kata Tjuta viewing area before heading to the Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta. Your guide will explain about bush tucker and rock formations along the hike.
You can be dropped off at 10:45am at the Uluru (Ayers Rock Airport) if you have a flight out on Day 2. Please schedule flights departing after 12:00pm.
We can also drop you off at the town of Yulara (Ayers Rock Resort) at 10:45am if you want to spend another night at Ayers Rock.
Free Airport Shuttles operate every hour from the Outback Pioneer YHA to the Ayers Rock Airport if you wish to spend the night and fly out of Ayers Rock on Day 3.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Price is per person.
* Not recommended for children under 10 years
* Tours4fun reserves the right to amend itineraries, change carriers & apply surcharges without notice.
* Tour prices are based on Australian dollars (AUD) and converted into US dollars (USD). Constant fluctuations in the exchange rate cause prices to change on a regular basis. You will be charged the price based on the applicable exchange rate at the time of payment. All transactions are final. We do not offer discounts or compensation to those citing lower prices at a later date.
1 nights camping with equipment
Transport by air-conditioned bus
Meals as per itinerary
Professional Tour Guide
AUD 25 Uluru parking fee, payable at the time of tour
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
What to Bring:
Please bring a small bag, sturdy walking shoes, a flashlight, a hat, sunscreen, 2 water bottles, towel, swimmers, toiletries, camera and sunglasses. Warm clothes for the winter and comfortable light fitting clothes for the summer.
You will need 2 large 1.5 Litre bottles to take on the tour. You will need at least 3 litres of water for the Kings Canyon hike and will more than likely drink 4 to 5 litres of water on this day. You will need the same amount of water for the Olgas hike on Day 2 and Ayers Rock hike on Day 3. Our buses carry 60 litres of water on board and your guide will most definitely guarantee you will not dehydrate on the hikes. There are several points during the tour to fill up your water bottles.
Winter nights are often below zero degrees (May-Sept) so you will need a good sleeping bag. If you don't have one of your own, you can hire one from us for AUD 15.00. Ours are washed after every tour and are minus 10 degrees rated...nice and warm. Please indicate if you would like to rent a sleeping bag in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
Summer (Nov-Mar) average over 30 degrees Celsius. During the peak of summer temperatures can reach 40 degrees Celsius or more. Winter daytime temperatures are pleasant, usually around 20-25 degrees Celsius.
Summer (Nov-Mar) it is quite warm at night, around 15-25 degrees Celsius and 35 degrees plus during the day. Winter (May-Sept) it is a lot colder, usually around 1 degree Celsius at night and 15 to 20 degrees during the day. June and July can get very cold at night, often below zero.
What's a Swag?
A swag is made out of heavy duty canvas, sewn into a cocoon-like bag providing warmth, comfort and security - the ultimate of all bush beds! They have a 2 inch thick comfy mattress. You sleep inside your sleeping bag inside your swag so your body heat is trapped inside your sleeping bag and swag. A lot warmer than a tent!
All our Toyota Coaster buses are air-conditioned & carry a maximum of 21 people.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Reservation Request" box during booking.
The tour goes daily except for a few days over the festive period (no tours on 12/23 - 12/26, 12/30 - 1/1.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
Tours4Fun cooperates with top local area tour operators and ensures the best quality of services to all travelers. We provide tour coaches that all are insured with a liability insurance coverage from $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 to make sure that your trips are safer and more enjoyable.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.