Summary of The Day: Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter) above sea level. The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. Many people have seen human or animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta (the Black Virgin). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Virgin from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
For the second part of the tour (starting point at 3.30 p.m., check-in time at the local operator's office Balmes 5, is at 3:15 p.m.)
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudi worked and lived. Gaudi, one of the greatest innovators of his time, has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover in Barcelona. This Artistic Tour of Barcelona starts at the Julia Travel Office (Balmes 5). We will take you to the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) Basilica, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia, to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next you will discover Gaudi's bizarre Park Gueell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with a perfect integration of the architectural elements in nature.
Our tour continues to Passeig de Gracia to see Gaudi's famous apartment buildings Casa Mila (La Pedrera) and Casa Batllo. The tour ends near the Casa Batllo at Paseo de Gracia 43.
From November 2 to March 31, we will visit the Park Guell before the Sagrada Familia.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
* Adult: 13 and older
* Child: 4-12
* Children under 4 years old are free.
* Tour prices are based on EUR and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Air conditioned motor coach
Multilingual official guide
Taste of 4 typical liquors and entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site
Guided walking tour of the Park Gueell with entrance
Guided walking tour of the outside of the Sagrada Familia
Guided walking tour of the Passeig de Gracia (Casa Mila “La Pedrera” and Casa Batllo
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Entrance to Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila “La Pedrera” and Casa Batllo
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the departure time to check in.
Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
Please be aware that the tour includes walking so we kindly advise you to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
There is approximately 45 minutes between both parts of the excursions. During this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city center of Barcelona.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.