San Francisco - Muir Woods National Monument - Sonoma Valley - Napa Valley - San Francisco
Summary of The Day: Our Wine Country & Muir Woods tour is a cut above the rest. You'll get to Muir Woods before the crowds, maximizing your time in the park. In addition, you'll visit both Napa Valley & Sonoma Valley wineries (wine tasting fees included!). These are just a few of our tour highlights that outshine the competition. Read on to discover the difference.
Start your morning exploring the Redwood Sequoia groves in Muir Woods National Monument (approximately 1 hour) before other tour groups reach the park. Muir Woods is home to some of the oldest and tallest trees in the world.
A short drive north and you’ll spend a relaxing afternoon wine tasting in California’s renowned wine country. We make 4 tasting stops that are two wineries in Sonoma County, one at the historic Sonoma Plaza or Healdsburg Plaza and one more in Napa County, spending 45 minutes to 1 hour at each location. All of the wine tastings at the wineries are complimentary and you will have a chance to try a variety of delicious wines. The Wine Country Plaza stop is a bit longer, so you’ll have a chance to grab a bite to eat and visit additional tasting rooms (fees may apply) located around the plaza or browse the boutique shops.
On the journey back to San Francisco we’ll make one last stop at a scenic look-out point with sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin Headlands, San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz, and the Bay Bridge.
We offer an upgrade option which will allow you to enjoy an exclusive three course gourmet food and wine pairing! (Please select in the book section) (*Lunch for children not included in rate and needs to get paid at the restaurant. Children order a la carte. Customer is responsible for payment on site.)
Gourmet Food Menu (Please Select One From Each Course and leave your options in the comment section when booking. If we cannot receive the option 48 hours in advance, we will select the meals for you.):
NV Gloria Blanc de Noir, Sonoma
Cheese Plate with Fresh Fruit
2014 Dry Creek Chenin Blanc, Healdsburg
Option Tomato Bisque with fresh basil and Parmesan Cheese
Classic Caesar Salad -romaine hearts with the Bistro’s home-made Caesar Dressing
2014 Dirty Pond Pinot Noir, Sonoma
Penne Pasta with almond-arugula pesto and grated Pecorino Romano
Chicken Picatta-mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and caper butter sauce
Grilled Salmon-seasonal vegetables and balsamic reduction
Menu subject to change.
- We offer complimentary audio tours now. Please let us know which language you would like to request. Please leave us a message when you make reservation. On the day of the tour, you only have to hand a deposit of $20 per audio set or a valid photo ID to the driver. You will receive the money or ID back at the end of the day when you return the audio tours. Complimentary disposable headphones are included, but you are welcome to also use your own headphones.
|USD $119.00||USD $70.00|
|+USD $56.00||+USD $0.10|
*Adult age: 11 and older
*Child age: 10 and younger (Minimum age for tours is 18 months)
- Complimentary Pick-ups + Drop-offs at all Fisherman Wharf and Downtown Hotels (Please remark your hotel location in the comments column when booking)
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
- Wine tasting fees
- Professional tour escort
- Airfares or related transportation between your home and San Francisco airport or chosen pickup location
- All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals that tour guide arranges
- Tips for tour guide/driver(15% recommended)
- Admissions and optional tours (items and prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final confirmation made by the tour guide when on tour.):
- Muir Woods National Park: $10.00/Adult; Children under 16 are free to enter the Muir Woods National Monument Park
- Cancellation and change Policy:
Cancellation or amendment made within 7 days prior to departure date, 100% of reservation cost will be charged.
Cancellation or amendment made within 30 or more days prior to departure date, 15% of reservation cost or $30/person penalty fee will be charged, whichever is greater.
- Baggage allowance policy:
This tour doesn't expect our guests to have luggage (suitcases and such). If guests do, they need to notify us 48 hours in advance and the luggage policy should apply.
- We offer complimentary audio tours now. Please let us know which language you would like to request. Please leave us a message when you make reservation. On the day of the tour, you only have to hand a deposit of $20 per audio set or a valid photo ID to the driver. You will receive the money or ID back at the end of the day when you return the audio tours. Complimentary disposable headphones included but you are welcome to also use your own headphones.
- We offer pick-up at major hotels in downtown San Francisco or Fisherman's Wharf area. Please note your hotel location in the comments column when booking. We will confirm the availability for you.
- The pick-up time is 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please arrive at the pick-up location 10-15 minutes prior to the requested pick-up time.
- As a courtesy to fellow passengers, it's important to be on time. If clients are late or miss a scheduled pickup time for the tour, please contact our office IMMEDIATELY. An alternative pick up location may be arranged at customer expense, subject to availability. Any guest who misses their tour entirely will forfeit their seat on the tour. No refunds will be issued.
- For child under 8 years old:
Please note that for your child's safety, we require you to bring a child safety seat or booster seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4' 9" or 144 cm in height as dictated by California State Law. You will be required to provide your own child seat on all motor vehicle tours. Failure to provide a seat for your child will result in forfeiture of your seats on the tour without refund. If your child is 8 years or older or 4’9” in height you do not need to provide a child seat, however, please let us know.
- Please note guests who are under 21 years old are not permited to taste wine.
- During the spring and summer, we recommend that you wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes.
During the fall and winter, we recommend that you wear layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
- In order to protect your personal property, please bring any valuable items with you at all times. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction or restaurant. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any theft or loss at any location.
Write a Review and earn 200 points. Attach photos to your review and earn 25 points per photo.
Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.
Vu Cao(1)Useful11/07/2015Great tour ( Verified Purchased )
The tour guide was informative and funny. Great tour which is recommended for wine lovers.
Bee Gan(0)Useful10/06/2015Product Code 76-2859 ( Verified Purchased )
Great tours of the Muir Woods and wine tasting. Tour guide was informative and pleasant.
Donna(9)Useful05/19/2011Amazing!!! ( Verified Purchased )
Just wanted to let you know that it was a amazing time at your Red Woods & Wine Country Tour. The Red Woods at the beginnging of the tour was a great start in the day. It is really breathtaking to take a walk through those gigantic high tre...es. The winetasting part of the tour was wonderful as well. The first winery the group went to was Cline. They offered a great variety of californien wines. After a first delightful winetasting the driver brought is to Sonoma City for lunch. A very beautiful town with small adorable boutiques, restaurants and of course a lot wine stores. The next winery the group were visiting was Homewood. I enjoyed the atmosphere where I have gained so much knowledge about californian wines. It is a really small winery which makes it even more comfortable. The last winetasting stop was at Larson. All I can say is very very nice. They even have a half zoo there with a lama, goats and horses. It was a great experience. Last but not least thank you to Charles, the tour guide, for making the day so enjoyable. His knowledge about californian history, Sonoma, Sausalito and the wineries was great and really added to the experience. And also his insider information about what restaurant is really worth going to came in handy. On the way back to San Francisco Charles threw in an additional stop in Sausalito. A couple of people of the group decided to take the ferry back to San Francisco. The rest of the group continued on and made a stop at the Golden Gate Bridge before going back to thehotel. That was a great opportunity to take a few more pictures. To sum up the entire day was so much fun and I loved being part of a small group. Thanks again and can't wait to take another tour with Tours4fun! Read full review
Rosita(11)Useful05/12/2011Worthy to do it!!! ( Verified Purchased )
Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a fantastic time on the this tour. The woods are a beautiful place to visit and I just wish we would have had more time to spend there. However the visits to the wineries were also brilliant and ...we both learned a lot, as well as sampling some delicious wines. We had a fantastic guide in Frank, who went out of his way to show us some of the sites of San Francisco and also to give us a lot of information about the history of the city and what we were seeing. Lunch at the Cheese Factory was an excellent choice, and overall we couldn't fault any of the trip. I hope we get the chance to return to SF one day and we would certainly recommend Tours4fun. Read full review
Rachael(13)Useful05/12/2011GREAT TIME!!! ( Verified Purchased )
My husband and I took your Woods and Wine Tour last Wednesday and our tour guide was Frank. We just wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time and that Frank was an exceptional tour guide. We were his first \'pick-up\' that morning... and he gave us facts and information about all the areas we passed through on our way to pick up the other tourists. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining. I think we were very lucky to have Frank be our guide for that day. I hope you are lucky enough to have other guides as wonderful as he was. GREAT TIME....we will definitely use Tours4fun again in the future........and hopefully we will get Frank as our guide! Read full review
Questions previously answered may have different answers due to many reasons: season (date and year of travel), rates, availability, etc.Please check the Rewards4Fun Program FAQ for more information.Ask Us
Thanks for your inquiry.
Locations you may consider joining the tour from are listed below:
(Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa)
801 Bridgeway，Sausalito, CA 94965
(Alta Mira Hotel & Restaurant)
125 Bulkley Ave，Sausalito, CA 94965
(Marin Executive Suites)
3030 Bridgeway # 112，Sausalito, CA 94965
Simply select the start location you would like to join the tour from when placing your order online.
Customer Service Rep
i'd make a reservation this course. i'm korean and my friend is taiwanese.i can't find chinese audio guide. Don't you have chinese audio guide?
thank u. 05/18/2016 21:09:44
At the moment we do not have an option for Chinese audio.
At the moment we only offer the following audio languages for this tour: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
Customer Service Rep
I have some questions.
What is the time schedule of the tour?
My wife and I want to take your wine tour with Muir Woods at 4 Aug.
When will this tour start at San Francisco?
When do we return?
How long do we stay at Muir Woods or Napa or Sonoma?
Please let me know.
Thank you. 07/24/2015 00:21:02
Dear Won, Jonguk,
Thank you very much for your questions.
Usually the tour stays at Muir Woods at around 1 hour and about 45 minutes at each location in wine country.
We provide hotel pickup/drop off service for customers staying at most major hotels in downtown San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf area. The exact pickup time will be based on your hotel information.
Normally the tour departs from San Francisco at around 8:15 am and returns to the city at around 5:00pm - 6:00 pm (depending on weather, traffic etc.)
According to our system, currently the 08/04/2015 departure is still open for booking. For your group of 2, the total tour price will be $237.96.
Complimentary Pick-ups + Drop-offs at all Fisherman Wharf and Downtown Hotels (Please remark your hotel location in the comments column when booking)
Ground transportation in air-conditioned tour coach
Wine tasting fees
Professional tour escort
Airfares or related transportation between your home and San Francisco airport or chosen pickup location
All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals that tour guide arranges
Service fee for tour guide/driver(15% recommended)
Admissions and optional tours (items and prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final confirmation made by the tour guide when on tour.):
- Muir Woods National Park: $7.00/Adult ($10.00/Adult from 1/1/2016); $7.00/Child
If you need any further assistance, you may also contact our customer service team at
Tel: 1-866-933-7368 (US&Canada)
Tel: 1-626-389-8668 (International)
(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)**
We will be more than happy to help.
Customer Service Rep
Dear Ai Foo,
One of the main meeting points will be at the Parc 55 hotel - 55 Cyril Magnin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.
Thank you for your inquiry.
Customer Service Rep
On the way back to San Francisco, does this tour take a brief tour through Sausalito? If yes, around what time do we get there?
Thanks a lot,
Dany 01/31/2015 20:12:48
Regretfully, the tour of your interest will not give you an opportunity to view Sausalito.
I have provided you 2 links below that gives you an opportunity to view Sausalito:
Customer Service Rep
Have our experienced tour consultant give you a call.
Why Book with Tours4Fun?
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer care available 24/7
Customer ReviewsSee All
The tour guide was informative and funny. Great tour which is recommended for wine lovers. Read MoreBy Vu Cao On 11/07/2015 19:21:16
Product Code 76-2859
Great tours of the Muir Woods and wine tasting. Tour guide was informative and pleasant. Read MoreBy Bee Gan On 10/06/2015 07:08:15
Worthy to do it!!!
Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a fantastic time on the this tour. The woods ar .. Read MoreBy Rosita On 05/12/2011 22:06:02