Summary of The Day: Today we will travel from Boston to Climb to the highest peak in New England on the world's first mountain-climbing cog railway! It is combining 19th century innovation with 21st century eco-friendly biodiesel technology. It is also the only cog railway east of the White Mountains! During your trip you will travel over Jacob's Ladder, the second steepest trestle in the world with a 37.41% grade. The engines and coaches are designed and built at the Cog by its crew of talented machinists and craftsmen.
After the cog railway tour, we will go fruit picking, a fun activity for the whole family! you may pick the strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, pumpkins and more in their harvest season. If the fruit picking farms not open on the travel day, we will go to Merrimack outlet instead.This tour will end at 7:00pm, sometimes a little later by the traffic impact.
White Mountain National Forest
Mt Washington Cog Railway (admission not included): The Mount Washington Cog Railway was the first mountain-climbing cog railway, and has been humming along since 1868. It is still the second-steepest railway of its kind in the world, climbing at as much as a 37% incline.
Fresh Fruit Picking
Pick the freshest fruit in the farm. Sunshine will give a fruitful day with your family.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Price is the same for all ages.
All of the children (age 0-12) are required to pay tour fee to board the bus. All the unpaid child show up on departure date are not allow to board the bus.
Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (see meeting point)
Transportation via air-conditioned vehicle
Professional tour escort
All taxes and fees
All personal expenses including meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals that tour guide arranges
Service Fee for tour guide and bus driver(min. $9.00/day per person)
Admissions and optional tours (prices may vary due to the season and are subject to the final box office price.):
- Mt. Washington COG Railway: $69.00/Adult; $39.00/Child(12-); $65.00/Senior(65+)
Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
Tour Cancellation and/or Alterations Made Within:
1)7 Days Prior to Departure Date -100% of Reservation Cost
2)8-9 Days Prior to Departure Date -75% of Reservation Cost
3)10-16 Days Prior to Departure Date -50% of Reservation Cost
4)17 or More Days Prior to Departure Date -25% of Reservation Cost
Children under 9 must be secured in a car seat while in the vehicle. Please prepare a car seat for each passenger aged 8 years and younger.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour prior to departure for any reason. By accepting our policy, passenger should agree that we shall hold no responsibilities in itinerary alterations, delays or cancellation strikes, sickness, theft, loss, bus broke down, accident, weather or any other causes.
Customers are strongly advised to purchase travel insurance before departure to ensure compensations for the unexpected causes above.
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide (English/Chinese). Tours and/or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
Please note that all the tour's available information regarding the itinerary will be posted on the tour's information page in the tour overview section.
Light hiking will be involved on this tour and fruit picking days will be subject to reconfirmation. Regrettably, the tour is not available with an August 21st departure as departures available are for Mondays and Thursdays only.
The COG Railway: $69.00/Adult; $39.00/Child(12-); $65.00/Senior(65+). The travel time will be confirm by your tour guide on the day of the tour.
To place your order for a reservation online, simply select your desired tour start date and the number of rooms you need/ travelers you are booking for on the upper right section of the tour information page, then click on "BOOK NOW".