Summary of The Day: In the morning, after guests have been picked up in Boston, we will drive to Carmel, NY to visit the Chuang Yen Monastery.
The Monastery, as the home of Buddhist Association of the United States, is situated on 225 acres of and in the Town of Kent, Putnam County, New York State. In November 1975, BAUS leased 125 acres of land in Putnam County, NY from Dr. C.T. Shen for the future development of CYM. The lease was for 99 years with an annual payment of one dollar. As suggested by the local government, Dr. Shen donated the land to BAUS in 1989. The ground-breaking ceremony for the monastery was held on May 23, 1981.
Then, we will visit the Mahayana Temple in Leeds, NY.
The Mahayana Temple holds one golden, 16ft-high Buddha, sitting on a lotus and edged with offerings of fresh oranges, apples and flowers. Mahayana is the largest Buddhist temple in Chinatown, and its facade, right near the frenzied vehicle entrance to the Manhattan Bridge, features two giant golden lions for protection. Inside, a simple interior merely serves to amplify the magnificence of its resident Buddha, believed to be the largest in town.
Afterwards, we will return to Boston.
Mahayana Temple: 133 Canal Street, New York, NY 10002
Drop-off Location & Time:
Boston: 81 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA 02111 (Boston-81 Harrison), at 7:00 pm.
The specific time may vary due to weather, traffic, etc.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Price is the same for all ages.
Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (see meeting point)
Transportation via Deluxe Air Conditioned, Lavatory Equipped motor coach; Sometimes may via 15-Seat Hight Top Mercedes minibus.
Professional tour escort
Airfares or related transportation between your home and chosen pickup location
All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals that tour guide arranges
Service Fee for tour guide (min. USD 9.00/day per person)
Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
Tour Cancellation and/or Alterations Made Within:
1) 7 Days Prior to Departure Date -100% of Reservation Cost
2) 8-9 Days Prior to Departure Date -75% of Reservation Cost
3) 10-16 Days Prior to Departure Date -50% of Reservation Cost
4) 17 or More Days Prior to Departure Date -25% of Reservation Cost
Children under 9 must be secured in a car seat while in the vehicle. Please prepare a car seat for each passenger aged 8 years and younger.
For more assured travel plans, please arrive at the pick-up point at least 10 minutes early. If you miss the bus you will not be eligible for a refund.
By accepting our policy, passengers acknowledge that we are not responsible for delays, cancellations, accidents, weather or any other circumstances beyond our control.
Customers are strongly advised to purchase travel insurance prior to departure.
All optional tours including service fees must be paid for in cash before joining the tour.
Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4Fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1. Guests are not allowed to use a CITY PASS and admission ticket purchased by themselves to join the sightseeing attractions included in this tour.
2. Guests who do use a CITY PASS or admission ticket purchased by themselves, will not be offered the transportation service for that day, and will possible need to pay a penalty fee. Please consult your tour guide for details.
Language: This tour is escorted by a professional bilingual tour guide and/or driver guide(English/Chinese). Tours and/ or languages may be combined to operate this tour depending on the number of passengers who have booked a particular departure.
Bus Arrangement: Passengers on the same reservation will be arranged on the same bus unless stated otherwise. If you wish to be on the same bus as another party /an existing reservation, please note your request with the reservation number in the comment section on the checkout page or notify us at least 24 hours prior to tour departure.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.