Summary of The Day: Depart south from Los Angeles along the coast of Southern California. We'll stop at La Jolla Cove along the shore, home to the new wave of the young, rich and successful. See why it has been called the new "Beverly Hills" and catch a glimpse of an amazing view of the California Coast, then continue south to San-Diego, the second largest city in the state.
We start our visit at the seaport village and try to understand why San Diego ranks in the top 5 best cities to live. We'll then board the USS Midway, a real life aircraft carrier turned into a museum. The USS Midway Museum is an unforgettable adventure. Go to sea without leaving port! Explore more than 60 exhibits with a collection of 25 restored aircraft. After the tour of the sea, we continue to Coronado-Island to see "The Del Coronado" and historic hotel and the largest building in the USA built entirely of wood. Favorite hotel of heads of state US Presidents and movie stars, Marilyn Monroe filmed the movie"Some Like It Hot" on the premises.
We end the day at the "Old Town" where the first Spanish village and original settlement was founded in 1769 and visit the original settlement before we head back to Los Angeles.
Return time: approximately between 7:00 - 8:00 pm. This time is estimated only.
Actual return time varies based upon weather, traffic and circumstances beyond our control.
It is not recommended to schedule evening activities and / or flights on the same day of your tour.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
*Adult: 15 and older
*Child: 2-14 years old
*Infants under 2 years of age are free of charge.
Complimentary pick-up and drop-off to chosen location (see meeting point)
Ground transportation in air-conditioned bus, minibus or van
Entrance to the Aircraft Carrier Midway
Sightseeing in La Jolla, San Diego, and Coronado Island
Professional tour escort
Airfares or related transportation between your home and Los Angeles airport or chosen pickup location
All personal expenses including hotel room service and meals; however, you have the option to pay for meals that tour guide arranges
Service fee for tour guide and driver ($2.00/day per person for each)
Tour guides and drivers rely upon the service fees charged on the tour to supplement their income. The wages of tour guides and drivers are determined factoring in that they will receive service fees to augment their earnings. Please pay at least the recommended service fee because the tour guides and drivers work hard to accommodate many people on the tour.
Spring/Summer: wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. Fall/Winter: wear layered clothing in the winter to ensure comfort in the cold weather.
In order to protect your own property, please bring any valuable items with you at any time. Please do not leave any valuable items on the bus/hotel/attraction/restaurant etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides will not take any responsibility for any theft loss at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.