Summary of The Day: This tour is ideal for those who love beautiful castles, gardens and walks as well the poems, songs and stories of Robert Burns.
Departing from Glasgow the first stop of the day is at Europe’s largest windfarm - big enough to supply clean energy to over 180,000 homes. From here the road south into Ayrshire is quick and you will soon arrive at Culzean Castle and Gardens. An entry fee is payable on arrival. (Please note there is no free option at this stop). The castle dates from the late 18th Century - a peaceful time in Scottish history so it is less a defensive castle and more like a great country house with fine furniture and beautiful Robert Adam architecture. Sitting right on the edge of the cliffs looking out over the Firth of Clyde the views are superb and the surrounding gardens are beautiful.
On arrival at Culzean Country Park you will have the choice of visiting the castle and gardens or just the gardens and woodland walks. An entry fee is payable on arrival. (Please note there is no free option at this stop). The castle dates from the late 18th Cen-tury - a peaceful time in Scottish history so it is less of a defensive castle and more like a great country house with fine furniture and beautiful Robert Adam architecture. Sitting right on the edge of the cliffs looking out over the Firth of Clyde the views are superb and the surrounding gardens are beautiful. For those who like walking there are miles of tracks and footpaths through the grounds - taking in the Swan Pond, deer park, and walled gardens as well as rocky coves and sandy beaches. This will also be your lunch stop.
After lunch you will follow the coastline to the tiny fishing village of Dunure with its ancient ruined castle and dark history. Continuing on, the road leads through the countryside of Robert Burn’s - Scotland national poet - and you will see many places mentioned in his poems and songs. The recently redeveloped visitor center in Alloway will tell you all you need to know about this remarkable man - born a poor farmer’s son but now famous as the writer of “Auld Lang Syne” - a song known and sung in friendship throughout the world.
At the end of the tour we will return to the meeting point at around 6:00pm.
* Adult: 16 and older
* Child: 5-15 years of age
* Children younger than 5 are not permitted.
* Tour prices are based on GBP and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Transportation by top of the range Mercedes minicoach for a more personal experience with a maximum of 16 passengers on tour
Your chance to see "Nessie" Rabbie's Discount Card - For money off restaurants, shopping and attractions
All personal expenses including lunch and refreshments
Unless otherwise notified passengers are restricted to one medium sized suitcase/bag and one carry-on bag per person. Luggage is carried free of charge but at the passenger's own risk.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.