Summary of The Day: You will be collected from your accommodation in our purpose built air-conditioned four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle. We travel north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives towards the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park, crossing the mighty Daintree River by cable ferry.
You will journey through this spectacular wet tropical rainforest, the oldest continuously growing rainforest in the world, renowned for its amazing diversity of plant and animal life. We'll stop for a delicious devonshire tea of home made scones, tea and coffee in Cape Tribulation where you can take in the majestic view of the Rainforest and try the local Daintree Tea.
Your experienced local guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history as you continue on the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. This will take you through some of the most incredible scenery in the country. Crossing rivers and climbing mountain ranges.
Visit the Bana Yirriji Art and Cultural Centre, Wujal Wujal which is located on the banks of the Bloomfield River with an opportunity to visit and talk with local Indigenous artists.
Continuing north we stop for lunch before visiting the infamous Lion’s Den Hotel (est. 1875), one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs before continuing to the unique geological oddity, the Black Mountain, which is surrounded in mystery and spoken of in ancient Aboriginal legend.
Arriving in Cooktown, we'll enjoy the 360 degree view from Grassy Hill of the Endeavour River, Coral Sea and Cooktown. Have your camera ready! Enjoy free time to explore historical Cooktown. Visit the World Class James Cook Museum (entry $10.00) or self guide down the main street and take in the charm of this historic township.
Departing Cooktown we'll travel the return journey via the inland road, the Mulligan Highway, through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River goldfields region which is the outback of Far North Queensland.
There will be a meal break along the way (at your own expense). At the completion of your day you will be transferred to your accommodation in Port Douglas 8:30pm or Cairns 9:30pm (approximately)
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.
Child 4-14 yrs
* Tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to depart, but individual bookings are accepted until a minimum is reached.
* Tour prices are based on AUD and are converted into USD. Prices will change day to day, due to the currency exchange rates. Tours booked and paid for will be charged at the current rate at which the tour price is shown. We will not refund any price differences, should prices drop for the tour. Tours will be subject to Cancellation Fees, should any changes be made for a reservation.
Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off from Cairns or Port Douglas Hotels
Transportation in 4WD purpose built air-conditioned vehicle
Please input your hotel name and address in the "Meeting Point" box during booking for hotel pick-up.
What to Bring:
Hat, sunscreen, and a reusable water bottle.
To protect your own property, please carry all valuable items on your person at all times. Do not leave any valuable items on the bus or at the hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. Tours4fun, local operators, drivers and tour guides are not responsible for any loss or theft at any location.
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.